First 789

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post

I understood what you were saying. I'd be curious to find out more about "conservative feminism", too, as this is a movement I've heard little about, up until now.
    So would I. Somebody do some research, lol. I don't know a lot about the history of feminism, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I think part of the difficulty in conceptualizing "conservative feminism" is that the original feminist movements were closely tied to other liberal movements, weren't they? And getting abortion rights - was that a major goal of the earlier feminist movements? If so, then at this point in time, completely divorcing femimism from liberalism and abortion rights might be a fuzzy process for many women, since these three concepts are so historically tied. It can be done, I don't doubt it. I knew a girl in high school who could kill anyone in a debate and she would not shy away from any intellectual challenge, but she was also conservative and pro-life. Some can reconcile it, but with today's conditions having come from such relatively recent radical movements, I can see why it would be difficult to do so for others. I've wondered on and off lately about what long-term effects an overturn of Roe v. Wade might have. I've always just assumed that it was a figurehead symbol for the success of the feminist movement. Would it be possible to replace this with some other major symbol or not?

And once again, excuse my ignorance if it is showing. I'm not trying to take part in some hardcore debate here - this is just a meandering of curiousity.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Can you elaborate on what your pro-life beliefs are?
    I could. And I will, but I don't really think it belongs in this thread.

I believe that life begins at conception (spiritually... I guess... I'm actually agnostic about that these days) and that abortion is always a moral problem, but that bringing a child into a world of poverty, abuse, or unwantedness is also a moral problem--and that the pregnant woman is the only one who can make the right decision for herself. Sometimes people have to choose between shitty options, and when the situation in question is happening in one's body, I don't believe that anyone else should have jurisdiction over that.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Yes! Let's give it up for Tina, um I mean Sarah Palin! *applause* w00t!

Biden/Palin Debate
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Wow, Queen Latifah was fabulous in that!
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Wow, Queen Latifah was fabulous in that!
    And, of course, the liberal media/SNL bloc don't ever make fun of the Demmies.....
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    And, of course, the liberal media/SNL bloc don't ever make fun of the Demmies.....
    If you are being serious then you must not watch the show.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    If you are being serious then you must not watch the show.
    I was joking. You must not see many of my posts.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.