User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 87

  1. #51
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    Yeah, and Bush went to Yale.
    See? It's a leftist truism that Bush is unintelligent. For my part, I would venture that he's every bit as bright as, say, John Kerry.

    The fact that he's on the wrong side of about twenty different policy issues is beside the point. That makes him wrong, not stupid.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    See? It's a leftist truism that Bush is unintelligent. For my part, I would venture that he's every bit as bright as, say, John Kerry.

    The fact that he's on the wrong side of about twenty different policy issues is beside the point. That makes him wrong, not stupid.
    He is smart. He's not good at being fake, which is why he screws up all the time. Less so these days because he just doesn't care anymore.

  3. #53
    almost half a doctor phoenix13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    See? It's a leftist truism that Bush is unintelligent. For my part, I would venture that he's every bit as bright as, say, John Kerry.

    The fact that he's on the wrong side of about twenty different policy issues is beside the point. That makes him wrong, not stupid.
    I don't know his IQ, and can't determine for sure what his intelligence level is. What I do know is that he isn't thoughtful or reflective. Little things like, not checking on FEMA during the N'Orleans crisis, and not checking in on Iraq under the premise "I do what Gen. Casey tells me to do," strike me as more than pure incompetence. There's a lack of thoughtfulness there. Ya knowadahmsayin'?

    ...and the assumption behind attending an Ivy League school is that someone is exceptionally intelligent. I don't believe that is the case with Bush. He may not be dumb... but he is certainly not an exceptional mind.

  4. #54
    Senior Member Lucifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    246

    Default

    If you say 2+2=3 that makes you wrong, and it makes you stupid. I also agree with Phoenix's coments on this matter.
    This world is mine - in time.

  5. #55
    Senior Member Eileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?
    Posts
    2,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    See? It's a leftist truism that Bush is unintelligent. For my part, I would venture that he's every bit as bright as, say, John Kerry.

    The fact that he's on the wrong side of about twenty different policy issues is beside the point. That makes him wrong, not stupid.
    That Bush is often kind of articulate bolsters the truism--however, when Bush is talking about his area of expertise (business), he does sound like he's intelligent and knows what's going on. His "state of the economy" address a couple weeks ago was surprising in its lucidity [to those of us who tend to wave him off as a moron].
    INFJ

    "I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

  6. #56
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Not that it's really directly relevant, but I'd like to point out that even though I will likely vote for McCain, I haven't been rah-rah about his campaign or his or Palin's debate performances. But then I'm pretty cynical about the whole thing anyway, and no matter who wins it won't change my view that most people are stupid.

    I understand. I meant that people who thought that Palin either was awesome or awful have been very partisan and had their minds made up already. There are certainly big fans of both McCain and Obama who have taken a more nuanced view of the debate.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  7. #57
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,905

    Default

    It kind of amazes me that we still live in a society where you can say "so-and-so went to Yale" and everyone else says "Oh! I didn't know he was so smart". Oy... It's just a trumped-up university.

    Has anyone here even asked what his record there was like? Maybe we could also talk about various foibles in the academic system that discredit often lauded institutions like Yale. And finally, we could point out that when you are rich and a part of a political dynasty, good marks seem to come easier than normal in any endeavor...

    Those are just a few ideas.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  8. #58
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    It kind of amazes me that we still live in a society where you can say "so-and-so went to Yale" and everyone else says "Oh! I didn't know he was so smart". Oy... It's just a trumped-up university.

    Has anyone here even asked what his record there was like? Maybe we could also take about various foibles in the academic system that discredit often lauded institutions like Yale. And finally, we could point out that when you are rich and a part of a political dynasty, good marks seem to come easier than normal in any endeavor...

    Those are just a few ideas.
    I went to an Ivy League university for two years, and I was surprised at how many people I found to be below my intelligence level. They tended to be more up on world affairs and more competitive than people at other schools, but it wasn't as if everyone walking around were a genius. Most had a preternatural ability to party excessively and still manage to get to class and get at least decent grades.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  9. #59
    Senior Member Bella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    1,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    [snerk]

    Feminists are a hoot. Their point of view adds up to "Women don't count as women unless they're liberal women."

    That's why they gave Clinton a pass on Paula Jones.

    Here women have a crack at electing this country's very first female executive EVER... and if the Republicans win, there is an excellent chance that the nation will one day have a President Palin... and they're bitching like she's the antichrist.

    Machs nicht to me. I won't be voting for either side of our ruling party.
    lol. True
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

    It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

  10. #60
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
    If you say 2+2=3 that makes you wrong, and it makes you stupid. I also agree with Phoenix's coments on this matter.
    Given your premise, I agree; however, I don't know of any of our Washington elite on either side of the aisle who have claimed that two and two make three.

Similar Threads

  1. Brits! Give it to me straight, What's it like in the U.K?
    By CrystalViolet in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-07-2009, 10:40 PM
  2. [Other] Missplaced lost post... please give it a home... :(
    By SillySapienne in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 01:41 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-11-2008, 02:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO