First 34567 Last

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    I must say that when Biden was talking about his wife and daughter being killed in that car accident, he seemed very endearing. Surely that's good enough for some sort of pity sex, riooooght?
    Absolutely. It brought tears to my feeler eyes.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    You don't do that when you have your mod hat on, and your opinion is clearly biased anyway. I saw a portion of that debate, and neither candidate bowled me over. Palin kept it simple and on message, but she is out of her depth on a lot of those issues. Biden rolled with his purple prose, but his rhetoric was strangely empty. Honestly, if you thought either candidate trounced the other, you're just showing your political stripes.
    I basically agree with this take on the debate. Overall I think there were both fairly average. Biden showed he was more knowledgable on certain subjects, but that was to be expected. Both made a few good points, and both were mostly boring besides that. The only gaffe I thought Palin made was when she said, "I don't care what questions you ask or the moderator asks." (Heh, I found that amusing. ) Overall though her goal was to show she could hold her own debating an old polical vet, and she did that for the most part.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I've just noticed that EVERYONE who has been extremely positive or negative about Palin's performance in the debate seems to have made up his or her mind about her beforehand, anyway. It reads like a lot of rah-rah, homerish propaganda.
    Not that it's really directly relevant, but I'd like to point out that even though I will likely vote for McCain, I haven't been rah-rah about his campaign or his or Palin's debate performances. But then I'm pretty cynical about the whole thing anyway, and no matter who wins it won't change my view that most people are stupid.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

The Alaskan princess missed her true calling as a "verbal dodgeballer."

Oh. Hrm... On second thought, scratch that--
    welcome to the American political landscape Mrs. Palin ;

the latest pretty pin in a dumb, Republican pile.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Oberon

I think it's absurdly funny the way Dems and Pubs like to bust on each other's candidates for being stupid, when the fact is that all the insiders went to the same handful of Ivy-League universities and there really isn't a dumb one in the lot. Indoctrinated? Sure. Opinionated? Absolutely. Elitist? You betcha. Pigheaded? Certainly. But you don't navigate the minefield that is modern politics in the US and survive very long without being smart.

I think a critique of Washington's ethics ought to get way more traction than a critique of mental prowess.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Stop making sense. The partisans don't like it.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Stop making sense. The partisans don't like it.
    I got a girlfriend that's better than that
    Now everyone's getting involved
    As we get older and stop making sense
    You won't find her waiting long
    Stop making sense, stop making sense...stop making sense, making sense
    I got a girlfriend that's better than that
    And nothing is better that this
    (Oh is it? )

--Talking Heads

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I think it's absurdly funny the way Dems and Pubs like to bust on each other's candidates for being stupid, when the fact is that all the insiders went to the same handful of Ivy-League universities and there really isn't a dumb one in the lot. Indoctrinated? Sure. Opinionated? Absolutely. Elitist? You betcha. Pigheaded? Certainly. But you don't navigate the minefield that is modern politics in the US and survive very long without being smart.

I think a critique of Washington's ethics ought to get way more traction than a critique of mental prowess.
    Yeah, and Bush went to Yale. It doesn't mean jack squat... but I do agree that all the candidates this time around are of acceptable intelligence.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

She did alright, I guess. I was hoping for her to say something nonsensical, but she pretty much stuck to her script and called it a day.

I was somewhat annoyed with how she kept going back to Alaskan oil, though. Yeah, it would be nice to not be dependent on the rest of the world for our energy needs, but the oil in Alaska is NOT going to solve our energy problems in the long run, so shut up about it already!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

I think that she did fine. I just happen to disagree with her on most issues. I liked seeing her squirm under the gay marriage question.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.