User Tag List

First 12345 Last

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    In the words of my good friend, "maverick energy mom from Alaska. MAVERICK!"

I thought she was pretty poised, but that sexxxy Joe Biden kicked her fucking ass.
    Word. Where is the substance?
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Just had to say, I don't have much liking for his policies (past and present) but I think Joe Biden is awesome. His style and personality always give his speeches something that puts me in good spirits. Shout out to Joe.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INTP

I find it horrifying that she would dare to mention women's rights.
    :rolli:

MBTI
    XNXP

Gives an image to the old phrase "talking head".
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

Oberon

...I find it horrifying that she would dare to mention women's rights.
    [snerk]

Feminists are a hoot. Their point of view adds up to "Women don't count as women unless they're liberal women."

That's why they gave Clinton a pass on Paula Jones.

Here women have a crack at electing this country's very first female executive EVER... and if the Republicans win, there is an excellent chance that the nation will one day have a President Palin... and they're bitching like she's the antichrist.

Machs nicht to me. I won't be voting for either side of our ruling party.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by AllAboutSoul View Post
    Word. Where is the substance?
    You think any political debates have a nickel's worth of relevance to what the candidate will do if elected?

It's a dog-and-pony show, and has been for a long time. The winner gets picked on the basis of his Miss America skillz.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    Stop starting threads about her or I'm going to merge them all.

Especially since she did so terrible that she doesn't deserve 4328497324 threads.

This is really bad coming from a mod. Seriously.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    This is really bad coming from a mod. Seriously.
    Twas a joke. I'm not sure why as a mod I can't have a political opinion on her performance.

There are probably about 4 threads on Palin alone. None of them are completely the same, so I'm refraining myself.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    Twas a joke. I'm not sure why as a mod I can't have a political opinion on her performance.

There are probably about 4 threads on Palin alone. None of them are completely the same, so I'm refraining myself.
    You don't do that when you have your mod hat on, and your opinion is clearly biased anyway. I saw a portion of that debate, and neither candidate bowled me over. Palin kept it simple and on message, but she is out of her depth on a lot of those issues. Biden rolled with his purple prose, but his rhetoric was strangely empty. Honestly, if you thought either candidate trounced the other, you're just showing your political stripes.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    You don't do that when you have your mod hat on, and your opinion is clearly biased anyway. I saw a portion of that debate, and neither candidate bowled me over. Palin kept it simple and on message, but she is out of her depth on a lot of those issues. Biden rolled with his purple prose, but his rhetoric was strangely empty. Honestly, if you thought either candidate trounced the other, you're just showing your political stripes.
    Okay. I'm confused. Are you arguing about my opinion of her debate performance or my empty threat to merge all of her threads (which was a joke)?

I don't think Biden trounced her. I probably agree with a lot of your analysis. All I said was that I think she did poorly. She failed to actually answer some questions and then started talking about something completely different that made me forget what the question even was. I suppose that was her purpose, so that she could get all of her talking points in.

My guess is that the expectations of her were a lot lower than I expected them to be if people are saying that she did well. Maybe they didn't think that she could properly form a sentence. I at least gave her that much credit before the debate.

As far as showing my political stripes. . . so? You show your political stripes in every single thread. You can read through every political thread. Never have I actually said that I support Obama. Actually, I'm not even sure if I've talked about my political ideology on this site, and it's definitely different from the ideology held by many. How that invalidates my opinion, I'm not sure.