User Tag List

12 Last

Default Russia's war games

Http://www.qz.com/1073029/zapad-russ...-need-to-know/

Does Russia's recent boldness concern you?
    Life would be tragic if it weren't funny. -Stephen Hawking

Meet Richard P. Feynman

I was actually trying to explain to some people here that the entire Russia/cold war thing isn't over. Since it is time for the second halftime.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    I was actually trying to explain to some people here that the entire Russia/cold war thing isn't over. Since it is time for the second halftime.
    I use to just stand there and look at people like this...

every time they said anything like - Russia is our ally/Russia isn't a threat/Russia is friendly. These people are incapable of anything but graft and brutality of their own people and anyone else they can get their hands on. Always have, always will.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I use to just stand there and look at people like this...

every time they said anything like - Russia is our ally/Russia isn't a threat/Russia is friendly. These people are incapable of anything but graft and brutality of their own people and anyone else they can get their hands on. Always have, always will.
    I agree with this in many ways, plus people would laugh at my Russophobia because I thought things were at a worse pitch actually than they had been during the cold war, but for a while I actually thought a kind of east-west versus the developing world or southern hemisphere was likely, in some ways, with the Trump election I think there are still people trying to create that alliance.

The problem is that while I think the west could have accepted early days Putin's comic authoritarianism they cant really accept the full blown crypto or proto-fascism, like if Putin's end game is an EU controlled by Le Pen fascists and the US controlled by the KKK, its seriously, a case of WTF.

The whole Russian use of the internet to spread conspiracy theories and particular the protocols of the elders of zion is ancient, ancient stuff, at least as old as Bonapartism, but the tech for spreading it and making it appear legit is newer, and embroiling an enemy in internal dissension and civil strife is a donkeys years old tactic, at least as old as Shinobi and Sun Tzu.

SpaceCadetGoldStarBrigade Population: 1's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Cold War Kid reporting for duty. So...

To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. Douglas Adams

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation. Jim Hopper
    Likes JAVO liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post
    Cold War Kid reporting for duty. So...

I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I can handle the dis. But a dis featuring the black hole of talent that is Kim Kardashian? Ouch.
    To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. Douglas Adams

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post
    I can handle the dis. But a dis featuring the black hole of talent that is Kim Kardashian? Ouch.
    Nah. It was the closest gif I could find showing how I was nodding in agreement with you.

Matthew Brodricknovich, Allotziny Sheednitzovin. Good movie. And British actor who I always confuse with David Warner

Would you like to play a game?
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Nah. It was the closest gif I could find showing how I was nodding in agreement with you.
    Aha. A thousand pardons. Typical NF that I am I payed more attention to her dismissive expression than the actual nod. Lol