User Tag List

Default Stallone Vs Arnie: Who had the greater career?

Who had the greater career do you think Stallone Vs Arnie?

Before anyone does so the answer is not Chuck Norris or Sting.

Socionics
    ILI Ni

Probably Arnold, he had Terminator and Conan, Stallone had Rambo and some funny movies, I never have been a fan of Rambo though, I think Stallone would've had a better career if he had focused more on comedy.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Personally, I guess Stallone hit some briefly higher technical points -- he pulled in those Academy Award noms related to his Rocky franchise -- and he was really big through the 80's. However, he tends to have wedged himself inside one particular genre (AKA action pic).

However, I think Arnold has been in better movies across a spectrum overall and has stretched himself more. Arnold also switched gears and has done well for himself in politics. I think he's just a better self-marketer and more ambitious on a national/international level. he has been successful in bodybuilding, then in movies, then in politics. He even married into a political family, which helped him enter that arena. He just seems more focused to me; he knows what he wants, and then he channels his efforts to get there even if it demands a shift in career or public persona.

I think at the end of the day, Arnold will have had more lasting impact during his career.

I think he'd also be more fun at parties.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Are you kidding me?

You are the only possible steward of what your soul deems as right and wrong...so you should always be on your own side before anyone else...alive or dead.

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Arnold made about 5 good films: Commando, Predator, 1st two terminators, and True Lies.

Stallone's made at least 6 good films: 1st 2 Rockies, Rocky Balboa, Creed, First Blood, and a brief appearance in Guardians of the Galaxy: vol 2.

It's a tie! because the 2nd Terminator film is slightly better than most of Stallone's work.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.
    Likes Grand Admiral Crunch liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Arnold made about 5 good films: Commando, Predator, 1st two terminators, and True Lies.

Stallone's made at least 6 good films: 1st 2 Rockies, Rocky Balboa, Creed, First Blood, and a brief appearance in Guardians of the Galaxy: vol 2.

It's a tie! because the 2nd Terminator film is slightly better than most of Stallone's work.
    Arnie was in Twins. That's 6 good films.
    Likes Tellenbach liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Wtf, what about Totall Recall?! How did two people not mention Total Recall????
    You are the only possible steward of what your soul deems as right and wrong...so you should always be on your own side before anyone else...alive or dead.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by burningranger View Post
    Wtf, what about Totall Recall?! How did two people not mention Total Recall????
    Oops. I knew we were missing something important.

Ray Quick. Great character.

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Didn't like Total Recall or The Running Man.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.