User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Obama/Biden Is Teh Awesome!!!1!

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Yes. My mother visited a rural town in PA during the primary vote, and she overheard people claiming he was Muslim or flat out admitting they wouldn't vote for a black person. Except, they didn't use the words 'black person'.

For all the reasons to dislike Obama, I'm tired of hearing arguments that essentially boil down to 'he is going to bring whitey down when he becomes president.'

If Obama lost his temper like McCain sort of did yesterday, expect to see that footage EVERYWHERE in the media.
    Lucky for the democrats, most racists are already die hard republicans. But there is a smaller faction of racists in the democratic party, (mostly rural) whom he lost. But it looks like he compensated by getting more apathetic democrats to go out and vote because of his charisma, so it's probably a wash.

If it wasn't for the fact the current administration has one of the lowest approval ratings ever, and completely fucked this country up by de-regulating lending laws (after Bush came into office) and rampant war spending putting us in 10 trillion in debt - a black person would never have had a chance.

The stars really aligned for this one, and he still has a good chance of losing even without the right, rigging voting boxes in Ohio or stopping tens of thousands of blacks getting the vote in Florida.

I do think if they ran Biden/Hillary or had Obama as a VP, it would have been a landslide for the Democrats. I've never seen so many republicans be embarrassed to admit what they are in public, it's amazing that it's even close - considering how much of a nightmare Bush was.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    That being said, I have to address something you said Edahn. How does someone get too intellectual? I've never understood how this is a bad thing, outside of making someone less popular in a world of idiots that love idiots.
    Popularity contests aside, isn't it generally a good thing?
    It helps to understand this if you draw a distinction between being smart and being intellectual. Part of being a leader is being decisive and inspiring confidence. Someone who is overly intellectual will likely be lukewarm even about the decisions he's fairly confident in, because he sees all sides and is constantly weighing things in his mind. That might make for an effective analyst or an effective consigliere, but I'm not sure it always makes for an effective leader. I'd prefer that my leader surround himself with intellectuals, and to himself have raw smarts and be decisive - to have the ability to absorb the varying advice he receives; effectively chose a course of action; and inspire confidence with his commitment.

Short version: Intellectuals should always have seats at the table, but I want my leader to have a little more gravitas; a little more swagger.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.