123 Last

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Default Anti-Obama/Biden Thread

Fine. Since no one else will start this...

Let's talk about why Obama/Biden are not worth our vote. As someone that was very favorable towards Obama in the primaries, my liking for him has become less and less over the Presidential race. This is not because of what McCain says, but rather because of what Obama does.

A couple of my issues:

He said he would opt for public funds for the Presidential Campaign if his opponent would do the same. When called on it by McCain in a very sly political maneuver, Obama misses the opportunity to live up to his words and declines McCain's offer.

During his Primary Campaign he claims to be against FISA. He later votes in favor of it, promising to re-examine the unconstitutional aspects of the bill if he becomes President. Riiiight.

That was two chances for him to bring change to Washington and the election process. Both times he does not deliver. Begrudging the man because he is an excellent orator is silly. However, when his actions do not match his words, then what do you have left? Answer: a typical politician.

So what other issues are there with Obama? Hopefully this thread can still be interesting despite trying to avoid intentional flame-bait.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

You should all it, "Poop on Obama/Biden!"
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    You should all it, "Poop on Obama/Biden!"
    Why? Would that make the argument against them more legitimate, somehow?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    That was two chances for him to bring change to Washington and the election process. Both times he does not deliver. Begrudging the man because he is an excellent orator is silly. However, when his actions do not match his words, then what do you have left? Answer: a typical politician.

I think it is silly to believe that washington can change.

lobbying would be considered bribing in most democratic countries that are newer than the USA.

im not sure what the point of believing washington can "change" is.

the only REAL change would be anarchy. but even that is a pretty remote possibility. but slightly more likely than change by itself. liklihood of change - .0000001% likelihood of anarchy - .0000002% LOL

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

On a positive note, McCain was hawt when he was young.

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I see, you're trying to make this thread about McCain, too.

I don't think the 'average American' is representative of this forum membership. So why would you try to preach to that audience?
    Understood, but aren't you concerned about the future? Please convince me how McCain/Palin are what's best for us.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

On a positive note, McCain was hawt when he was young.

Understood, but aren't you concerned about the future? Please convince me how McCain/Palin are what's best for us.
    Wrong thread.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Why should anybody do that? You ignore such requests for why anyone should vote for Obama. You only spout vocabulary words and slogans. You haven't given a single concrete reason ever for why you support him that I've seen. So I could say "McCain/Palin like totally rock and shit! They are like nine levels of AWESOME" and it would already equal anything you've put forth about Obama.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Why should anybody do that? You ignore such requests for why anyone should vote for Obama. You only spout vocabulary words and slogans. You haven't given a single concrete reason ever for why you support him that I've seen. So I could say "McCain/Palin like totally rock and shit! They are like nine levels of AWESOME" and it would already equal anything you've put forth about Obama.
    Sarah and I have things in common! Kewl! You may change my mind yet Jeffster!

heart on fire

This is most disturbing:

Obama voted to renew the Patriot Act.

Barack Obama: U.S. presidential election, 2008/On renewal of the Patriot Act - Congresspedia

Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) voted YES on March 1, 2006, on reauthorizing the Patriot Act. Obama votedNO on December 16, 2005, on the Motion for Cloture of PATRIOT Act (HR 3199).

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

His political campaigns have been closely associated with Tony Rezko.

This, alone, wouldn't necessarily keep me from voting for anyone. My problem with it is that the crux of his campaign is 'change', but his previous actions, like his association with Rezko, show me that he's just feeding everyone a line. He's just another politician. What amazes me is how so many people are just dying to gobble it up.