User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Anti-Obama/Biden Thread

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Another thing... I'm uncomfortable about one party controlling both the legislative and executive branches. The country is always much healthier when the two temper each other out.
    Very true. If the majority were half as objective as I wish, nothing would ever get done in government, the damn way it should be.

I'm not Anti-Obama/Biden, however, I think Palin did an outstanding job debating. (Note: debate is not the same as quality/depth of knowledge, and I only got home from class with enough time to watch the 2nd half).

SHe's also a quick study to have leapt that far in such a short time with being able to duck the wrong questions and give her all to the right questions.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    One word: FISA. WTF, Obama?

I respect your ability to rejudge a situation, but this was a betrayal of what you stand for. People wanted change, someone who was going to go for the throat of the bullshit that has gone on for the last 8 years. Hiding behing a marginal improvement to a highly dubious policy still counts as betraying the hope people had in you.
    Yeah, McCain stuck to his promise so why didn't the "change" candidate on this issue.

The other main thing that really scares me about Obama/Biden is their promise to do everything great under the sun.

Tax cuts for almost eveyone, healthcare for everyone, alternative energy, economic recovery, ...

How the hell are they going to do that?

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

9w1 sp/sx
    INFp None

They won't and they know it. New issues, same old lies.

Lowering taxes, in particular, should be banned from being talked about during elections.