User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    What'cha mean? You don't hate on politicians and policies you don't like? Or do you just call it something else?
    Take it somewhere else.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Getting back to the original question, is it a bad idea to bypass Congress and take $1 trillion for the "bail out"?
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Getting back to the original question, is it a bad idea to bypass Congress and take $1 trillion for the "bail out"?
    Yes, that's unconstitutional.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Oh dear me,

Everybody has the right to be received, regarded and treated with respect regardless of whatever their actions or opinions might be.

HORSE SHIT!

One can criticize another one's views or actions.

If I not only start saying, declaring and trying to implement my personal ideologies for which, let's just say hypothetically, consisted of my belief that mandatory IQ tests should be distributed to all 7 year olds in the public school system, and that those who scored a 100 or below should be bussed into special "schools" where they would learn to use/develop practical skills preparing them to one day become professional minions.

Or if I believed that all 12 year old girls from lower socioeconomic classes should be subjected to mandatory Depo shots.

And that prostitution should be regarded as a serious criminal offense, and if habitual. should result in lifelong imprisonment.

Guess what, I would HOPE, that you would think I was being an ignorant hole of an ass!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Oh dear me,

Everybody has the right to be received, regarded and treated with respect regardless of whatever their actions or opinions might be.

HORSE SHIT!

One can criticize another one's views or actions...
    You know how big a target you're painting on your back with this?

I'd take solace in the fact that the "social rule" here you despise is also protecting you and others, when you express strong opinions that you think are great and yet others might think are just as stupid as you think Palin's are.

...Guess what, I would HOPE, that you would think I was being an ignorant hole of an ass!
    Ah, the plot thickens.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Why? Would that make the argument against them more legitimate, somehow?
    No I believe the average American would relate well to that and vote for McCain. After McCain kicks it and Palin is President, I think we should vote in Comacho (or Hulk Hogan) for President in 2012 since we seem to be heading down that path anyway.
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxJnf5tkfoo"]Shit's all Fucked up N' Shit[/YOUTUBE]
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    No I believe the average American would relate well to that and vote for McCain. After McCain kicks it and Palin is President, I think we should vote in Comacho for President in 2012 since we seem to be heading down that path anyway.
    I see, you're trying to make this thread about McCain, too.

I don't think the 'average American' is representative of this forum membership. So why would you try to preach to that audience?

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

CaptainChick, I asked you in the other thread you brought it up, but you ignored it, so I'll try again.

Do you NOT believe every baby is created with a future and potential? If so, why?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Default Is McCain senile?

Is McCain senile? This is an honest question. He voted for the bailout in the Senate, then went on television and denounced the bill he voted for, saying that Bush should veto it. This makes no sense to me. So that's why I ask, is he senile?

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

For balance.

The problem with McCain 2008 is that he is little like the McCain of 2000. Like Obama, he's had to change his actual moderate views to gain mainstream popularity and the approval of his party. Like Obama, he is using goodwill generated during better times to mask his current actions.

While he is called a Maverick in a very complimentary fashion, the reason he gets the name is because he does not hesitate to upset the apple cart, sometimes due to a spur of the moment whim. (This is partially why I find him to be ESTP.) It's not that I get the impression he is being false, but rather that he lives in the moment and his views, outside of a handful of respectable core values, is subject to change moment to moment.

The way he is handling the economic crisis demonstrates my point. He suspends his campaign, says he won't go to the debate only to go to the debate, takes credit for the bill passing (before it ultimately failed) and then blames Obama for its failure... only to shortly afterward say partisan politics do not belong in this Presidential race. Yet, I don't see the actions of a liar, but rather the impulses of someone who is living intensely in the moment and is reacting, very publicly, to each whim that hits him.

He was pinging around like a hyperactive pinball, and I don't consider that presidential behavior. To have this man at the helm dealing with delicate situations with dangerous leaders could prove dangerous. While unsettling him may not be easy, once it happens he is a wildly unpredictable man.

For a maverick, he also has done a remarkable job following Bush policies as of late. Bush has made a tremendous amount of decisions I cannot agree with, and so I must believe a McCain presidency will be another 4 years of the same policies. In the end, this is why I will be unable to vote for him.