User Tag List

Default Is finance capitalism a racket or conspiracy?

I'm interested in this because lately I've found that a lot of people I encounter online, from the US but also other parts of the world, have a very different attitude to finance capitalism than they do to capitalism in general, what's your view?

Also, the role of guys like George Soros, what's the craic with that? Is it anti-semitism which is driving the attention to their influence or is it anti-liberalism or is it concerns about plutocracy?
    It is a luxury to be understood - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities - Voltaire

A kind thought is the hope of the world - Anon

is seen by Marxist analysts (from whom the term finance capitalism originally derived) as being exploitative by supplying income to non-laborers.
    Screw Marxist analysts and their incessant whining about me making money in the stock market.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTP

If bakers get all the doughnuts they can eat, and baristas get all the coffee they can drink, then finance capitalists......

Fill in the blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Screw Marxist analysts and their incessant whining about me making money in the stock market.
    No marxism this time, Marx didnt split hairs between finance and any other sort of capital, so far as I know.
    It is a luxury to be understood - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities - Voltaire

A kind thought is the hope of the world - Anon

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'm interested in this because lately I've found that a lot of people I encounter online, from the US but also other parts of the world, have a very different attitude to finance capitalism than they do to capitalism in general, what's your view?

Also, the role of guys like George Soros, what's the craic with that? Is it anti-semitism which is driving the attention to their influence or is it anti-liberalism or is it concerns about plutocracy?
    Finance is a parasite on society. It adds no value, but extracts from the real economy. It needs to be tightly managed and controlled. Read Michael Hudson "Killing the Host" (2015);for an excellent takedown of contemporary finance and neoliberalism.

As to George Soros, he was a teenage Nazi who says the days helping the Nazis round up his fellow Jews were the best days of his life. He has spent his life destroying countries for profit. His religion or ethnicity don't matter as to his horrible behavior throughout his life. His preferred method is destablizing governments and profiting off the resulting chaos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so