*bumb attention whore bump*

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

You don't belong here.
    We know how to unwelcome a species.
    We can do so without guilt, without mercy.
    You aren't flesh, you have no soul.
    We can be so effective with your eradication because I know deep down in my heart I am not murdering.
    This is a recall.

Proof of concept for Rise by David Karlak

The first wave will be DNA descrimination that will initiate the coming of our AI overlords. It will be as Gattaca forsaw. A father and his wife looking to optimize outcomes by genetically modifying and selecting the children they bear via genetic screening.

Stronger, faster, smarter and less prone to disease and other debilitating conditions. What parent does not want this for their children? We've been doing so for decades on a tiny scale with blood screening. With the cost of genetic screening coming down so quickly we now have companies like 23 and Me offering basic screening for just $100.

It's only a matter of time before they become more comprehensive and predictive and people begin to use them during mate selection. Perhaps like how Uma has Ethan's hair tested that she got a sample of while out on a date.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/9d6e601...a-53a27ec8c762

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft