User Tag List

12311 Last

Enneagram
    8w9

Default Charlottesville riots/protest/attack

This thread will be the new compendium of the escalating violence in the country.

To start this off I'll leave a fabulous twitter thread from a fellow I follow on the subject:

Lets not kid ourselves - theres been a codependent spiral of escalating violence for over a year between antifa and the alt-right

Can we talk honestly for a second - what was antifa's goal with the "punch a nazi, violence is good" stuff? What did they want to accomplish?

Obviously just punching a Nazi (and most people attacked weren't even Nazis) won't stop him from speaking. It's not enough.

Once you go down the road of "anarchic violence is justifiable to stop someone from speaking" murder is the end result. It has to be.

Furthermore: A lot of the same antifascists trying to claim this isn't in any way their fault would argue US militarism causes terrorism.

Why's it cause terrorism? Because US violence causes blowback from the victims of that violence, namely Muslims.

Now by that logic, why is it wrong to say that reactionary violence was caused by decision to escalate violence in the first place?

Or does violence on cause a violent blowback when it's violence you don't like? Violence you like is OK and doesn't cause any response?

The normalization of political violence is why this happened. If you played a role in that, left or right, you are culpable.

Stop pretending you care about human life while you tweet about how awesome political violence is, you fucking piece of trash hypocrites.

Antifa's just as responsible for those injuries and deaths as Spencer and I don't give a shit how unpopular that opinion is right now.

The only people who have any right to say that murder was wrong are people who have opposed this political violence escalation all along.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

I'd have thought you'd have added this to your other thread the one about the white trash guy who murdered people who took exception to his racism.
    It is a luxury to be understood - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities - Voltaire

A kind thought is the hope of the world - Anon

Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'd have thought you'd have added this to your other thread the one about the white trash guy who murdered people who took exception to his racism.
    Everything's getting closed so I thought I'd start a fresh thread.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Maybe the threads getting closed was a hint.

Go outside and actually do something else for a change. All the atrocities will still be around when you get back.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes magpie, Floki liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

I watched some of the reporting on the Charlottesville violence. I saw groups fighting each other that looked similar. They had the same protective gear on, which I don't understand. Usually, you can tell the difference between who is who. I was guessing that the ANTIFA people staged fights between themselves for the cameras to make the pro-statue people look bad. Or, maybe there's some guy who opened up shop there to sell helmets to everyone? I don't know.

Supposedly, a judge ruled that the pro-statue people were not allowed to speak and were forcibly removed by police. The speakers hadn't instigated violence in any way before they got shoved out into a crowd of violent ANTIFA people.

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Admiral Crunch View Post
    I watched some of the reporting on the Charlottesville violence. I saw groups fighting each other that looked similar. They had the same protective gear on, which I don't understand. Usually, you can tell the difference between who is who. I was guessing that the ANTIFA people staged fights between themselves for the cameras to make the pro-statue people look bad. Or, maybe there's some guy who opened up shop there to sell helmets to everyone? I don't know.

Supposedly, a judge ruled that the pro-statue people were not allowed to speak and were forcibly removed by police. The speakers hadn't instigated violence in any way before they got shoved out into a crowd of violent ANTIFA people.
    Dude, your tripping, those people are not capable of that sort of organisation, tactics and violence, not in their wildest dreams. The whole antifa scene is a joke.
    It is a luxury to be understood - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities - Voltaire

A kind thought is the hope of the world - Anon
    Likes Grand Admiral Crunch liked this post

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Dude, your tripping, those people are not capable of that sort of organisation, tactics and violence, not in their wildest dreams. The whole antifa scene is a joke.
    The collective majority of Americans dont want that. Not normal Trump supporters or anti-trump supporters. People who fear will push it further, but this is not anywhere near majority desires.

Back to reality where 99.999% of the people are as nice as can be irregardless of political lean. Where the collective majority know what matters more and arent just after some cheap thrill in others.

We want a functional life right now...thats what we all want from Trump...or any presidency. Some people take more control of their own functional then others.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Admiral Crunch View Post

The mayor revoked the permit the Unite The Right group had, then declared an emergency. Because all this went down before their alloted time per the permit, which was noon. No one got to speak for that reason, I don't think any judge was involved at all.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Grand Admiral Crunch liked this post

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Everything's getting closed so I thought I'd start a fresh thread.
    Hail hydra...i am gonna watch captain america again to see how this all plays out.
    Im out, its been fun

Gov. McAuliffe, speaking at a press conference, had a strong message for the white nationalist protesters: "Go home."

He added, "You are not wanted in this great commonwealth. Shame on you. You pretend that you are patriots, but you are anything but a patriot."

Virginia Gov. McAuliffe to white nationalists: 'No place for you in America' - ABC News
    Likes Floki, themightyfetus liked this post