User Tag List

123 Last

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Default Shock Poll Shows Kid Rock WIth A Huge Lead In The Michigan GOP Senate Primary

Shock Poll Shows Kid Rock WIth A Huge Lead In The Michigan GOP Senate Primary

“One thing is for sure though…The democrats are ‘shattin’ in their pantaloons’ right now…and rightfully so!,” Richie said in the statement. “We will be scheduling a press conference in the next 6 weeks or so to address this issue amongst others, and if I decide to throw my hat in the ring for US Senate, believe me… it’s game on mthrfkers.”
    What? Should Kid Rock run?

In a general election match-up, Democratic incumbent Sen. Debbie Stabenow leads with 43.37 percent and Ritchie is at 41.17 percent. However, when including voters who are leaning towards either candidate, Ritchie leads with 48.6 percent and Stabenow is at 46.09 percent.
    Is this the future of politics - celebs running for political office? Will we see "The Rock" vs Trump in 2020?
    Liberty means the ability to say "No thanks, perhaps later. I'm gonna go take a nap now."
    Likes Grand Admiral Crunch liked this post

Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

If Ronald and Arnold can do it, why not Kid Ridiot?
    Likes Julius_Van_Der_Beak liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

This is the third time he's claimed to be running. The poll is from some place that gets a C from 538 https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/ and I've heard virtually nothing other than the right wing media going on about it and I live in red Trump west Michigan. If it's such an overwhelming number of people that are voting for him in the primary, it must be reported in other media outlets.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Kid Rock will win. Don't kid yourself again this time, people.
    I looked out this morning and the sun was gone
    Turned on some music to start my day
    I lost myself in a familiar song
    I closed my eyes and I slipped away

Visit my Johari: http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78
    Likes Tellenbach liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

Only Jay-Z can save us
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.
    Likes tinker683 liked this post

I think his music is shite. However

I think if he were willing to educate himself on the workings of government and the legislative branch, it would be elitist and snooty to say he shouldn't run, but I'm dubious about his sincerity or that this would be anything more than a publicity stunt. I'm doubtful he'd care to learn about and understand the intricacies of legislative politics but maybe he'd prove us all wrong.

This really does feel like something out of Idiocracy. He's basically lil' Ted Nugent.

If this should become a trend, loud pop and reality TV stars entering politics as a regular occurance, it might be indicative of an even greater backlash to elitism and intellectualism than we've previously seen. On one hand I appreciate anti-aristocratic society where people from all fields and walks of life can enter public service but on the other hand it troubles me when people are threatened by, um, smart people and smart politicians. But this is nothing new. Look at how people felt about Adlai Stevenson. I think this played out a bit in 2000 too. Critics of Bush suggested he was an idiot, he openly admitted he wasn't an intellectual type who read a lot of books, but that played a huge part in his appeal to many voters, whereas people distrusted Gore who had a tendency to sound stuffy and professorial.

I never had a problem with Arnold, he's actually pretty damn intelligent and the same was true about Ventura, regardless of whether I agree with the politics of either. Kid Rock however comes across as a blathering idiot who just ....says things. But maybe he'd surprise us. Meh, I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Shock Poll Shows Kid Rock WIth A Huge Lead In The Michigan GOP Senate Primary

What? Should Kid Rock run?

Is this the future of politics - celebs running for political office? Will we see "The Rock" vs Trump in 2020?
    So discrediting democracy seems to be progressing pretty well.

Wonder what else Hydra or Spectre or Smirsch is up to?
    It is a luxury to be understood - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities - Voltaire

A kind thought is the hope of the world - Anon

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    So discrediting democracy seems to be progressing pretty well.

Wonder what else Hydra or Spectre or Smirsch is up to?
    In Trump fashion he has dismissed the "entertainment" supporters as a group that helped Hillary, but he talks out of his ass with so much cheap words i bet he would fully support this and run with it unless kid rock turns on him in which case he will get kicked to the curb. His followers will follow making their words that much cheaper and meaningless.
    Im out, its been fun