User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    You mean "ludicrous".
    Thanks...

I can't wait till the interwebs/MSoffice destroy every last piece of English grammar/spelling. Personally, I am well on that track.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

True enough.

"Strategic voting" sounded kind of dumb to me when I first heard of it, but I have been considering it lately. And I might get away with it, since I live in what some say will be a "swing state".
    Last edited by Cimarron; 10-02-2008 at 02:58 AM. Reason: on topic
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    Even though it is off topic, I deserve it because I did bring it in. I still stand that for this year, voting for a third party is pointless other than to be spiteful. I personally live in a swing state, and I am making sure my vote counts. As was said earlier, if your vote really doesn't count (as in you live in an obviously red/blue state) then by all means vote for anyone you want. going back to people whose votes will count, you are kinda morally obliged to pick the lesser of two evils because the fate of the country does kinda sit in your hands.

I have already stated my reason why I think it is pointless to vote for a third party and I stick with it. Expecting different results for the same action is ludacris. People have been voting for third parties ever since they were stuck with the two party system but to no avail. For those who want change, a new course of action must be taken but much earlier on in the game, like maybe starting from right now for the 2016 election.

I understand the concept of not voting for a candidate you don't support but I see it as only spitefull in the case that your vote may decide the election. Anyway, to each there own.

You really have to reassess this, because you couldn't be more wrong. It is not "spitefull" (sic) to vote for someone you believe in. We absolutely, positively DO NOT have to vote the lesser of two evils. Not at all. Stop telling us that we must, because you have no business telling us to do that. I find that highly offensive. "morally obliged," my ass.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

I don't see the problem.

Also some people simply don't want things to be settled.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Stop telling us that we must, because you have no business telling us to do that. I find that highly offensive. "morally obliged," my ass.
    lol,

then to your ass it shall go...

I am sorry, you are right, it is a free country and you aren't morally obliged to do anything, feel free to do what ever your heart desires.

*steps off the soap box and hands it over to pure mercury so his feewings won't be too huyt*

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    lol,

then to your ass it shall go...

I am sorry, you are right, it is a free country and you aren't morally obliged to do anything, feel free to do what ever your heart desires.

*steps off the soap box and hands it over to pure mercury so his feewings won't be too huyt*

I was less personally offended than offended at the prevalence of people who think about this the way you do. You simply expressed those thoughts explicitly, which most people do not.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I was less personally offended than offended at the prevalence of people who think about this the way you do. You simply expressed those thoughts explicitly, which most people do not.
    I have had a number of people explain to me that if I didn't vote for one or the other of the big parties, there was something morally deficient about me. That logic escapes me.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Could we somehow combine the two into some sort of megapresident?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I have had a number of people explain to me that if I didn't vote for one or the other of the big parties, there was something morally deficient about me. That logic escapes me.
    I really think that they haven't thought the issue through. Many times, they are people who complain about politicians a lot. They use the line of thinking that "if you don't vote, you have no right to complain." That is also nonsense, although I personally make it a point to vote in every presidential election.

MBTI
    ENFP

I am now convinced that most of you have not done anything other than skim over what I have written instead of actually analyzing it.

I have stated over and over again that as of this year, you are going to get either a McCshit or an Otrasha in office for this election, if anyone else wins I will lop off my left nut and donate it to science. Unless you truly think that both of them will fuck up the country equally, It should be a concerned citizens duty to pick the candidate which would help the country (or in your belief case... Fuck it up less) most. This is others have already stated should only be applicable if your vote actually counts for shit. In my state the vote was decided by a very small number of people so my vote really does matter. I personally believe that Obama (out of the two) will do a much better job for the future of the country. I am human and I could be wrong.

My next point that I have mentioned already, is the idea that a concerned citizen that has trouble with the two party system that has been forced on us, should start working to change that from now for the upcoming elections, as it really is too late for this one. Now as I said earlier also, this is a free country, so feel free to do whatever you want, and don't worry about anyone elses opinion of your actions (don't get your panties all tangled in a bunch over what I said). This is just my opinion and you can take it with a grain of salt.

Just to let you guys know, my original intention for the topic was how can you be undecided between Obama and Mccain when they obviously represent two really different sides (if you want to argue this point feel free, but they are different). The person who wins this thread was Proteanmix with the awesome analysis about voter apathy.

Thank you all for voicing your opinions and remember to not give a shit what anyone thinks of you and to try and keep your panties strait and loose while you are getting all heated up and sweaty. Take care and I do really love you guys.