User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    LOL stolen election
    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Count me in on that LOL. That election was settled the way they are supposed to be settled.
    To be fair, proteanmix put "stolen" in quotes. I think that's an appropriate description.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    To be fair, proteanmix put "stolen" in quotes. I think that's an appropriate description.
    To be even fairer, it implies quite a bit. "Election controversy" is rather neutral in comparison.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

The article you gave was a bit biased, because it only covered financial issues (Notice it was at money.cnn.com, not just cnn.com). If one only reads that, McCain looks like the obvious choice, even though he's against everything I stand for on other issues.

I've looked over both candidates... and I think that McCain's policies are better for the country financially, but that Obama's social policies are more fair. To be honest, that is why it's hard to choose.

I wish we had a candidate with Obama's sense of social justice, and McCain's financial sense.

Basically, I feel like I'm being asked to choose between people being treated unfairly according to outmoded social ideas, and having the nation collapse from bad economic decisions.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I noticed that. I didn't write anything about what proteanmix actually believes (and the quotation marks imply that she doesn't think it was stolen). I simply meant what I wrote: the idea that the election was stolen is silly, and so are the people who try to argue it. Since she doesn't seem to be arguing that, I don't think there is an issue here.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Interesting, I made a little table:

Gas Prices: Prefer McCain
    Driving: Push
    Energy Secuirity: Prefer McCain
    Taxing Wealth: Prefer McCain
    Fighting Foreclosure: Prefer Obama
    Mortgage Giant Rescue:Push
    Mortgage Fraud: Prefer Obama
    Social Security: Push
    Medicare: Prefer Obama
    Personal Taxes: Prefer Obama
    Taxing Business: Prefer Obama
    Healthcare: Prefer McCain
    Bankruptcy: Prefer Obama
    Savings: Prefer Obama
    Free Trade: Prefer McCain
    Budget Deficit: Push
    Jobs ans Wages: Push
    Wall Street: Prefer McCain
    Small Business:Push

Total McCain:6
    Total Obama:7

So it is rather close for me.

Also, I have a hard time believe Obama can actually do all the things he mentioned.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I noticed that. I didn't write anything about what proteanmix actually believes (and the quotation marks imply that she doesn't think it was stolen). I simply meant what I wrote: the idea that the election was stolen is silly, and so are the people who try to argue it. Since she doesn't seem to be arguing that, I don't think there is an issue here.
    The quotation marks were a premeditated concession to those who don't believe it was stolen.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Let's put it this way..If, in fact, I was eligible to vote, I would be undecided..I find pro's and con's with both McCain and Obama, therefore..it's hard to decide..plus, I know this is a bad thing to say..well..a really bad thing, and I mean no offense, but I have sort of given up on politics, it seems as though too many people get wrapped up in them, and that politics are causing so many problems..well maybe just the people in charge.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    The quotation marks were a premeditated concession to those who don't believe it was stolen.
    What do you believe?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENFP

Even though it is off topic, I deserve it because I did bring it in. I still stand that for this year, voting for a third party is pointless other than to be spiteful. I personally live in a swing state, and I am making sure my vote counts. As was said earlier, if your vote really doesn't count (as in you live in an obviously red/blue state) then by all means vote for anyone you want. going back to people whose votes will count, you are kinda morally obliged to pick the lesser of two evils because the fate of the country does kinda sit in your hands.

I have already stated my reason why I think it is pointless to vote for a third party and I stick with it. Expecting different results for the same action is ludacris. People have been voting for third parties ever since they were stuck with the two party system but to no avail. For those who want change, a new course of action must be taken but much earlier on in the game, like maybe starting from right now for the 2016 election.

I understand the concept of not voting for a candidate you don't support but I see it as only spitefull in the case that your vote may decide the election. Anyway, to each there own.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    ...ludacris...
    You mean "ludicrous". As many people have said, the reason I am still undecided is because all the "choices" stink. I don't think it's hard to grasp how that would lead me, and others thinking the same thing, to be undecided.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.