8. trees
    9. the American Dream
    10. the hangout sitcom
    11. sex

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTP

Responsibility.
    Thoughts that don't originate from the hivemind.
    Internal locus of control.
    Free speech.

Ive been blessed lately to spend some time with the generation that will follow Millennials and holy shit are they awesome. Creative, independent minded, hard working. Really restored my faith in the future of America.
    Likes asynartetic, riva, chubber liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

I read 7 as houses on cars.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Baby Boomers

nationalism

The One Percent
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by anticlimatic View Post
    Responsibility.
    Thoughts that don't originate from the hivemind.
    Internal locus of control.
    Free speech.

Ive been blessed lately to spend some time with the generation that will follow Millennials and holy shit are they awesome. Creative, independent minded, hard working. Really restored my faith in the future of America.
    The baby boomers and the so-called "Greatest Generation" trashed the nation. Now they're talking shit about Millennials? I don't want to hear it from them....I'm glad you're hopeful about the next generation, but I wonder if the subset of children you know is really representative of what's to come.
    Likes SurrealisticSlumbers liked this post

SpaceCadetGoldStarBrigade Population: 1's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

They probably dislike Gen X? We seem to be their harshest critics. I don't lump them all together. You know like some of the Boomers did to us. Remember their war cry against Xers: Slackers! The world kept on keeping on despite us 'slacking'. We made some mistakes but we didn't slack.
    To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. Douglas Adams

As per orders of the No likes experiment I am not liking posts for the duration.
    Likes Flâneuse liked this post

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Admiral Crunch View Post
    The baby boomers and the so-called "Greatest Generation" trashed the nation. Now they're talking shit about Millennials? I don't want to hear it from them....I'm glad you're hopeful about the next generation, but I wonder if the subset of children you know is really representative of what's to come.
    Well they're the offspring of my generation, so it's like meeting people that suddenly make sense to me after this decades long slog through millenial weirdness where up is down left is right and good is bad. I think they are fairly representative of what's to come, and thank Christ for that. I think they'll do great things.

I also just have to say that I love this recent trend of Millennials attempting to defend themselves against accusations of collectivist thought, entitled mentalities, and not wanting to ever be responsible or accountable for anything...by all collectively pushing the responsibility and accountability for what they've made of themselves onto their baby boomer parents with direct implications that they were entitled to better things.

Priceless. Stay gold, snowflake hivemind.
    Likes SpankyMcFly liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

There are a couple of things I find interesting about generational griping. First, is that people continue doing it although generations don't really exist, common experiences and outlooks are more about where people live and their economic class and way less about the year they were born. Technological changes have a much bigger effect on outlook and values, but the impact is not easily generalizable and effects everybody. Second, if generations did exist, the old one is going to die and disappear into the mists of time only to be remembered how the new one chooses to portray them, it's a losing struggle, you were relevant, now you aren't. Even your gravestone engraved with "I told you so" will be ignored.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by anticlimatic View Post
    I also just have to say that I love this recent trend of Millennials attempting to defend themselves against accusations of collectivist thought, entitled mentalities, and not wanting to ever be responsible or accountable for anything...by all collectively pushing the responsibility and accountability for what they've made of themselves onto their baby boomer parents with direct implications that they were entitled to better things.
    Just like their parents.

Priceless. Stay gold, snowflake hivemind.
    Smarten up, dumbass.