User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    i agree that the fed contributed to this housing bubble, specifically greenspan.

but this bubble bursting has wayyy too much systematic risk to every sector of the economy. its much much worse than just feeling poorer and having lower home values.
    The Fed is one of the main disasters that caused the whole damn thing because they have 0% accountability. They could basically shit on everyone's head and screw the system over, and no one could vote those bastids out.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    xNFP

LOL

okay

sheesh! its still good for an education though!
    Heh, yeah, and what is *that* financed by??? Oh, yeah, debt, like everything else grand and wonderful in the USA.

Folks, admit it, you're living in Wonderland. And the house of cards is falling down, folks. And you know what's ironic? It only took a false breath on the right card to do it.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    The Fed is one of the main disasters that caused the whole damn thing because they have 0% accountability. They could basically shit on everyone's head and screw the system over, and no one could vote those bastids out.
    well true that what greenspan did

but i blame more his ayn rand philosophy more than anything.

bernanke is really a good guy tho... lol

MBTI
    enfp

Heh, yeah, and what is *that* financed by??? Oh, yeah, debt, like everything else grand and wonderful in the USA.
    LOL

well i shorted the dollar and bought yen today. i never said i don't agree with you.

MBTI
    xNTJ

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    I'm a little shaky on politics, but I think it's good for people that hadn't invested in Wall Street and put-a-shotgun-in-your-mouth horrible for those that did.
    I'm not so sure that it isn't good for those who hadn't invested in Wall Street, though.

My sister still lives in then States. She has a 401k. She works as a pharmacy tech for Walgreens. She makes okay money, but the fact that she gets two hours OT every week helps.

But she's not doing as well as she was before. She used to get ten hours of OT a week. How long until she gets cut down to 35 hours a week?

My brother in law runs a stock crew at a big box retailer. It also pays well. But his hours will be cut, as well.

I'm not sure how much this bail out would help them, but I'm certain that this bail out failure will hurt them.
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Jerks.
    Really? If they could, then most less wealthy people would do the same. Because I think that everyone pays too much tax, I do not judge the wealthy for trying to avoid it, instead I lament that the poor cannot do the same.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

MBTI
    xNFP

Well, folks, I feel for ya. I really do. Because if politicians don't do something very soon, it's gonna really suck being there.... You guys are going to go into such a recession like no one's kidding. And if they don't stop printing money, you're going to have inflation, and the value of your dollar is going to be so low that you won't be able to live off your income. Dude, I see it coming.

Of course, it doesn't HAVE to end like that. It doesn't have to be like Germany. You just have to have politicians who are courageous. And it doesn't look like anyone like that is going to go into office anytime soon.

MBTI
    enfp

^ politics and economics in the US is more tied together, like never i've ever seen before.

it actually scares me more, that its more tied together. i don't trust politicians, because they have ulterior motives, and if anything they depend on voters, and voters are usually not well informed enough.

MBTI
    xNFP

^ politics and economics in the US is more tied together, like never i've ever seen before.

it actually scares me more, that its more tied together.
    Amen to that.

Let's hope that your Congress and Executive branches get their acts together. Let's just hope. Because if not, you've got a hell of a road coming up. And you better hope and pray that the government doesn't start yet another war to distract people. But rather attacks the underlying problems that are causing all this crap.

MBTI
    enfp

Amen to that.

Let's hope that your Congress and Executive branches get their acts together. Let's just hope. Because if not, you've got a hell of a road coming up. And you better hope and pray that the government doesn't start yet another war to distract people. But rather attacks the underlying problems that are causing all this crap.
    i wouldn't bet on that in the long term ( i would bet on the short term tho). lets hope im wrong about the long term.