User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Here come the carbon taxes. Hell hath no fury, and God hath no mercy on the day I have to pay a single penny toward something that does not exist (man made global warming).

It's just a little icing on the bill the grants super power to the treasury and the global banks.

Bailout Seeks Broad New Powers For Treasury Chief : NPR

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    LOL, that's your comeback? Seriously?
    I never intended to leave.

My pipes broke.
    The landlord found me a new place out of harm's way.
    A good and lovely place.
    There was no internet connection in the new place, though.
    When I came back the MBTIc was a mess.

By the way.
    As a Welshman, do you recognize a Celtic substratum in some of the American accents?

It is not overbearing, of course.
    It stays behind.. but it affects your ear a little bit.

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    It was passed with tax breaks that catered to the Republican vote for roughly 100 Billion dollars, I can't see where it requires another vote though.
    Wait a fucking minute here. $700 billion bailout, $100 billion in tax breaks. Where the hell is the money going to come from? How do they break taxes and do a bailout at the same time? Are they nuts? They're just creating money out of NOWHERE.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    That article is just sickening to read.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    That article is just sickening to read.
    More of the fucking same. Don't people get it yet, lol? Sub-prime lending. Get a grip.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    More of the fucking same. Don't people get it yet, lol? Sub-prime lending. Get a grip.
    What? It's a 9 year old article - it's not more of the same, it's where it started.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    What? It's a 9 year old article - it's not more of the same, it's where it started.
    Woops. My bad. Posted too quick .

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    We won't all become paupers if there is no bailout.
    Heh, not all for sure. Although there will be a higher unemployment rate without the bailout than with it.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Heh, not all for sure. Although there will be a higher unemployment rate without the bailout than with it.
    I'll take unemployment and a year or two of financial uncertainty over bailouts and almost-certain inflation that will lead to more problems later.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I'm torn. I philosophically agree, but my pocketbook disagrees.
    That echoes my sentiments (but probably for different reasons). I was/am opposed to the bailout idea. I'm strongly opposed to the idea of buying things on credit that you have not budgeted for and can not afford in the longterm without changes to income etc. If one buys a house, they should buy it based on what they are making and spending NOW, not what they plan/hope to be making 5 years from now. Part of it is lack of financial eduction of the buyer (personally I think a home buyer should educate themselves on mortgates and real estate to at least a basic level before jumping into that, but I acknowledge thats unrealistic based on how impatient most humans are), but the lending institution also has responsibility to only lend to those that will be in a position to replay their debts. I beleive it may be painful for both the buyer and lender, but they both deserve to learn the hard way from their irresponsibility - unfortunatly it seems that due to chain reaction, the rest of us must also suffer for the ignorance and irrisponsibility of the few. Where I may differ in view from many of you is that I blame the education system for not doing a good enough job of teaching basic economics to the genral polulace as much or more than the predatory greedy lenders. If the majority of home buyers were educated in basic economics and financial concepts such as basic concepts of mortgages and budgeting then I'd like to beleive that a lot of the home buyers would have opted for responsible home purchases and realistic 30 year fixed rate mortgages (ARMs do have their place in the financial world, but it is NOT in the hands of first time home buyers!).

I for one am glad that the house representative and and 1 of the senators that represent me voted against it. I don't know if the one that voted for it is up for re-election this time or not, but if she is I will be seriously tempted to cross party lines and vote for her opponent if she has any opponents that opposed it (since I've not seen any campaing litature for her this year, I suspect shes is not up for re-election tho).

Its more motivated by self interest (not wanting the dollar to fall even more in value, not not wanting the possibility of job loss due to this - I consider those selfish but valid concerns) but I feel something should be done to affect/improve the psychology of the market and prevent a run on the banks and that sort of thing, but I thought the proposed bailout (and its addons the senate gave it) was a poorly thought out panic reaction when the situation should call for calm rational analysist and looking at the pros and cons of all that could be done instead of the Paulson plan. I guess we will never no what would have happened if we had waited a bit longer and let them come up with better solutions but then again expecting partisan government to come up with good ideas may be a bit too idealistic to being with anyway.