User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    Good, maybe people will learn from their mistakes.
    Well, I think the bailout is a bad thing, but folks on "Main Street" don't deserve for their whole financial lives to go under, no matter how foolish it was for them to sign on for mortgages that they ultimately would not be able to afford because of changing interest rates and such. Fatcats who took advantage of people definitely deserve to "learn from their mistakes" in a pretty harsh way, though.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Well, I think the bailout is a bad thing, but folks on "Main Street" don't deserve for their whole financial lives to go under, no matter how foolish it was for them to sign on for mortgages that they ultimately would not be able to afford because of changing interest rates and such. Fatcats who took advantage of people definitely deserve to "learn from their mistakes" in a pretty harsh way, though.
    They should pay with their own money. Then get the death penalty. That'll teach em.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    They should pay with their own money. Then get the death penalty. That'll teach em. others

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Deserve? I can't get behind the idea that anyone 'deserves' anything.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Deserve? I can't get behind the idea that anyone 'deserves' anything.
    Well, that just cut out I don't know how much of all social as well as ethical theory...
    Go to sleep, iguana.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

So, just wondering. What do all of you think about the fact that investment banks no longer exist in the USA?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

There are so many factors at play right now, not the least of which is the need for those who are responsible for this to be held accountable. That means not saving them at the expense of America's well being, and not glossing over the issue without addressing and severely penalizing the ones responsible. If I had the power, I'd f around and get EVERYBODY indicted > . Then I'd go on a manhunt for the elitist individuals who are at the very core of this mess (and many more to come) who own the world banks and pull the strings behind the scenes. If you think I'm borderline conspiratorial, you're damn right. Even then the only reason I'm on the border and not a thousand miles in to "conspiracy" land is because this crapola is TRUE and has been predicted for many years, and called out by many people; both the ones at the head of this beast and the people who try to speak out against what they're doing.

And hay, apparently even Chuck Norris agrees with me :p!

Black belt patriot Norris tells We the People Fest to improve U.S. - Cleveland Metro News - The Latest Breaking News, Photos and Stories from The Plain Dealer

KENT -- If Chuck Norris were granted one wish, he would walk through Congress with Ron Paul and watch as Paul, the Republican representative from Texas, pointed out corrupt politicians.

One by one, Norris would grab each crooked congressman and choke him unconscious.

"I keep sticking them in a pile, piling them up," said the martial arts star, who, at 68, looks as young and buff as in his "Walker, Texas Ranger" glory days. "The ones that are honest, they stay."

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    i don't think every ayn rand philosophy person is a libertarian.
    Last I checked, hardcore libertarianism is the required political facet of Objectivist philosophy. Of course, you can be influenced by Rand without being an out-and-out Objectivist, but I believe he declared himself to be one as a young man.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Hmm, yes, I was wondering.. how does this affect bonds?
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

We missed our chance for "prevention", now our best choice is to apply the "cure". In other words bring on the bailout!

I'm The_Liquid_Laser and I approve this message.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com