User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Fact Checking

Permabanned

Default Fact Checking

Do people ever fact check their news sources? Like, a lot of unnecessary massive tantrums would be resolved if people got their news from the right sources.

For example what women's rights were taken away? Everything is still the same.

When people say rights are going to be rolled back, I'm like wtf are they talking about?
    I'm still a working woman with insurance. Nothing has been taken away.

Just another gimmick by the left to get people to vote for them.

I'm so glad the liberals and their tantrums are out of the office.

You'd think losing this election would set their priorities straight and humble themselves, but no, they keep trying to find ways to sabotage the Republican/conservatives.

Obama voters who voted for Obama twice also voted for Trump and that's saying something.

The liberal party is not what it once was.

I watch all the news channels laughing at some of the "news" thinking there are people out there who actually buy this as real news.

I feel like people just go to sites and news sources in their favor. I'd hardly think something is valid if it's always a biased news site that refuses to say one good thing about Trump.

In addition, Fox news/conservative channels have always been top rated over the liberal channels. I don't understand why some people don't want to listen to news like Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson. They have it right.
    Likes Xann liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Hey, snowflake? The world isn't going to bend to your way of thinking no matter how much trolling you do here, get over it.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Floki, prplchknz liked this post

MBTI
    STP

Flame on
    Im out, its been fun

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTP

Fact checking is an amusing new tactic by Te heavy leftists in the media, introduced during the 2016 election, to further manipulate people to vote the way they want, ie the 'right' way.

I don't think its working.
    Likes Xann liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by anticlimatic View Post
    Fact checking is an amusing new tactic by Te heavy leftists in the media, introduced during the 2016 election, to further manipulate people to vote the way they want, ie the 'right' way.

I don't think its working.
    Fact checking became a thing because politics have become so utterly divorced from reality that normal reporting does not suffice to rid a people of their lies. I agree, however, that it is not working, because it simply no longer matters whether what one says is true; it only matters whether it is in sync with one's emotional preferences. As such, fact checking may be democracy's last cry for survival in America. The US were founded on the ideals of enlightenment, so it is only fitting that they die in darkness.

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    The US were founded
    Woah there buddy, you're gonna trigger us big central government folks if you keep using that plural past indicative... you don't wanna give Disco a hard-on do you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I read fat checking
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    I read fat checking
    Wrong subforum.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Fact checking became a thing because politics have become so utterly divorced from reality that normal reporting does not suffice to rid a people of their lies. I agree, however, that it is not working, because it simply no longer matters whether what one says is true; it only matters whether it is in sync with one's emotional preferences. As such, fact checking may be democracy's last cry for survival in America. The US were founded on the ideals of enlightenment, so it is only fitting that they die in darkness.
    Politics have definitely become divorced from reality, but I don't think that had anything to do with fact checking other than being a postmarked justification to sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by anticlimatic View Post
    Politics have definitely become divorced from reality, but I don't think that had anything to do with fact checking other than being a postmarked justification to sell it.
    I don't even disagree. The empire is dying, though. Not sure which Roman emperor Trump mirrors yet.