User Tag List

123 Last

Permabanned

Default Why do liberal snowflakes think they are the 2017 trend?

Am I supposed to hop on the bandwagon in bashing the president and ignoring the flaws of liberal logic? Help me understand how being a liberal is better than being a conservative?

Some liberals act holier than thou and are very intolerant of other people's life.

Why would I want Hillary who screwed Bernie over in your own party but the libs seem to think Trump is betraying America.

What makes libs better? Because you bash the president all day?

No thanks. #notmyparty
    Likes Xann, that's not my name liked this post

Permabanned

I'm hoping a snowflake will answer me instead of sitting there making sarcastic remarks about republicans/conservatives...but really what makes a liberal better? The conservatives/Republicans had to put up with Obama for the past eight years and I didn't see them cause a worldwide marching chaos about it yet, you can't give the conservatives/republicans the same courtesy when they are back in the white house.

I think personally, that you just don't want Trump to be the better president, especially with no political experience...and he be way better than Obama and the Clintons who had years of political experience. That's what it is. Don't want an underdog to beat ya.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I would just say that whatever the political position, that choosing the lesser of two evils is dangerous if anyone then does embrace the lesser evil. Why does rejecting one party/candidate mean acceptance of the other? I'm a liberal snowflake overall, but I don't mock conservatives. Every snowflake is unique - they can't all be the same or they aren't snowflakes.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.
    Likes uberrogo, geedoenfj liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by theflame View Post
    Am I supposed to hop on the bandwagon in bashing the president and ignoring the flaws of liberal logic? Help me understand how being a liberal is better than being a conservative?

Some liberals act holier than thou and are very intolerant of other people's life.

Why would I want Hillary who screwed Bernie over in your own party but the libs seem to think Trump is betraying America.

No thanks. #notmyparty
    This entire line of questioning is simplistic and loaded with unstated (and possibly incorrect) assumptions.

1. You are not "supposed" to do anything, except perhaps to be reasonably conversant with history, and to follow current events as best you can, across a variety of news media from "conservative" to "liberal", domestic and foreign. OK, so that isn't trivial, but it is the most I generally expect. After that, criticise what you feel is worthy of criticism; praise what you feel is worthy of praise. Encourage what you think is on the right track. Get involved. "Be the change", as they say.

2. Dividing the public, or even the membership here, into "liberal" and presumably "conservative" is simplistic. It is exactly these sorts of labels that have exacerbated divisions within the nation, within communities, and even within families in recent years (and perhaps before). Instead of labelling, ask what people really believe and support. I'm sure I am not the only one who takes traditionally conservative positions on some issues, liberal positions on others, and libertarian positions on still others.

3. Liberals don't have any monoply on flaws of logic. Neither do conservatives, or anyone else. It is a general human failing.

4. We don't have Hillary in public office, so criticising her is off the mark. Trump is president, so it is his actions and positions that we should be evaluating, whatever conclusions and opinions we form.

5. I think it is safe to say that everyone - liberal, conservative, or other - sees some Trump actions and positions that deserve to be bashed. We might not agree on which these are. For some, he is too conservative. For others he is not conservative enough. Regardless, he and his administration must now stand up to public scrutiny. Had Hillary won, I am sure that a sizeable portion of the population would be bashing her regularly, too. That comes with the job of being president. I am grateful at least that we live in a country where such bashing is allowed.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

OP, provide some more specific examples of what exactly your position is so we can define our terms a bit before delving into this. Your posts don't really give much to go off of.

Anyway, going off of what's been posted:

1. I don't think the "bandwagon" you're making assertions about is something that actually exists in any meaningful way. There are very legitimate reasons to be concerned about Trump that go far beyond bashing and partisan spite. What exactly are you referring to when you're talking about the flaws of liberal logic? And in order to answer why being a liberal is better than being a conservative, why are you conservative? I need more information to go off of here.

2. Why is this something exclusive to liberals? What point are you trying to make here?

3. Once again, there are very legitimate reasons to be concerned about Donald Trump -- his cabinet picks, his ties to his businesses, his temperament, his disregard for the facts, and his ties with Russia. This is not a matter of libs simply "thinking" that Trump is betraying America.

4. Once again, I can't answer why being liberal is better if I don't know exactly what you're getting at, but making a blanket assertion about simply bashing the president is way too oversimplified and is just plain incorrect.

Wei 18 - Sie 39 agentwashington's Avatar
    MBTI
    mbti
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    SNL None

Why would anybody who isn't a complete ... ... dingeroo call people 'snowflakes', make a ton of degrading assumptions about them, and then expect them to justify themselves?

...I'm not even American, so all of this is actually irrelevant to me.

...I have to congratulate the posters above me for having way more patience. I'm just way too easily clickbaited.
    “Don’t use your strength to oppress, (but also) don’t let your weakness make you feel helpless.”
    - Rurouni Kenshin

“This world is beautiful. People can love each other and live life respecting each other. Someday everyone will come to realize that and this will become a beautiful world full of only such people.”
    - Kino no Tabi

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

This smells more like a rant than an actual topic to debate
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

No thanks. #notmyparty
    You still angry that your opinions are so unpopular then?

Hope you get something figured out and it causes you less stress.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    This smells more like a rant than an actual topic to debate
    Yup.

Taking that anger out for a drive online.

I'm hoping a snowflake will answer me instead of sitting there making sarcastic remarks about republicans/conservatives...but really what makes a liberal better? The conservatives/Republicans had to put up with Obama for the past eight years and I didn't see them cause a worldwide marching chaos about it yet, you can't give the conservatives/republicans the same courtesy when they are back in the white house.

I think personally, that you just don't want Trump to be the better president, especially with no political experience...and he be way better than Obama and the Clintons who had years of political experience. That's what it is. Don't want an underdog to beat ya.
    I'm not sure that name calling is a good way to open a discussion, how has it worked for you so far?

I'll leave you with an observation though, politics isnt sports, when you're reasoning boils down to "Go Team" its not really reasoning that's in play.

MBTI
    yupp

geez i wonder why you don't have friends

1.not all liberals are self righteous
    2.not all liberals think they are unique
    3. i can't remember the rest cuz it's more trolly bullshit.

try to actually learn about liberals i'm trying to learn about conservatives even if i don't believe with their pov what they believe has merit to them. also i saw a ted talk on facebook about emotional correctness i'll find the video
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes jcloudz, chubber liked this post