User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    xNTJ

Holy fuck. McCain just nailed the Russian matter. And is doing way better than Obama is doing with his commentary.

I loved McCain's commentary of when he looked in Putin's eyes, he saw 3 letters.
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I think McCain dominates Obama in the way that Ceasar Milan dominates people's dogs. It's really a shame because it fucks with his debate. I think Obama gets the bigger picture and is definitely more of a Maverick than McCain. McCain seemed angry and hostile, Obama reconciling. I wonder what's a better quality in a President. It's not totally obvious to me, although I'll still vote for Obama.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I can't help but wonder if it's an intuitive thing? I am right there with Obama heading forward. McCain mentioned the past each time he spoke and I am more interested in the future. McCain was trying so hard to make sure we don't forget he's old by quoting and mentioning Ronald Reagan.

Just because you're been doing a job longer doesn't mean you're more qualified.

When listening to McCain a quote from Planes, Trains and Automobiles sprang to mind. "Here's a good idea - have a POINT. It makes it SO much more interesting for the listener!"
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    Holy fuck. McCain just nailed the Russian matter. And is doing way better than Obama is doing with his commentary.

I loved McCain's commentary of when he looked in Putin's eyes, he saw 3 letters.
    I didnt see the debate, so what was his take? Honestly when it comes to Russia, our leaders still think the Cold War is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I can't help but wonder if it's an intuitive thing? I am right there with Obama heading forward. McCain mentioned the past each time he spoke and I am more interested in the future. McCain was trying so hard to make sure we don't forget he's old by quoting and mentioning Ronald Reagan.

Just because you're been doing a job longer doesn't mean you're more qualified.
    With age often comes wisdom and experience. Not saying McCain posesses those necessarily, just speaking in general. Yet very often in order to truely move into the future, one must know where one is moving from - ie the past. Only by understanding the past, can one better prepare for and anticipate the future.

As I've mentioned numerous times before, Obama doesn't represent that much change from what we've had for the past 50 years or so. Somebody mentioned his intentions to talk to our enemies. Ok we did that in the 1970's under Detente, not to mention opening up to Mao's China about 20 years after fighting them in the Korean War. At best Obama represents change in tactics, not overall strategy. Neither candidate stands for that!

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I can't help but wonder if it's an intuitive thing? I am right there with Obama heading forward. McCain mentioned the past each time he spoke and I am more interested in the future.
    I won't use this opportunity to get into some retarded debate, but yes, that's it. The way I see it, and as I and Enyo recently alluded to in another thread, is that Obama has dreams, and that and a nickel'll get you a hot cup o' JACK...SQUAT. That's all.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Bleh is all I can say. This is why we shouldn't have gone on the ground into Iraq in the first place, but I'm with McCain on that one even though I otherwise like Obama. We have to win there and can't just pull out without conditions on the ground being a concern.

That said...

The next time there's an international conflict, we have F-22s and F-35s. Radar doesn't see them, so we can load them up with the most powerful weapons we can internationally muster and flatten places without having to send troops and get bogged down.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

MBTI
    xNTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I didnt see the debate, so what was his take? Honestly when it comes to Russia, our leaders still think the Cold War is going on.
    Obama had made a crack about W's comment (when he "looked in Putin's eyes" he "saw a friend"). McCain said when he looked in Putin's eyes, he saw 3 letters: K... G... B... It was bringing up Russia's energy dollars, Russia's invasion of Georgia, etc. McCain had a good bit, and Obama just agreed with him.
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

MBTI
    ENTJ

This whole bullshit on Russia is both men, but McCain especially--acting like a toothless dog.

Our economy just had its air knocked out of it with Paulson trying his hardest to pump air back in. We're tied down in two violent nations. So what the hell are we going to do about Russia?

NOTHING if we're smart.

Russia as a superpower is not going to try and take over the world. It won't try to take on the USAF. Putin is doing what he's doing now because he knows we're tied up. Once we get out of Iraq and win in Afghanistan, Putin's going to stop the roflsoxing.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I won't use this opportunity to get into some retarded debate, but yes, that's it. The way I see it, and as I and Enyo recently alluded to in another thread, is that Obama has dreams, and that and a nickel'll get you a hot cup o' JACK...SQUAT. That's all.
    I'm having a difficult time understanding why an intuitive thinker would not see that McCain is another Bush. If you like Bush, then by all means vote for McCain.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    Obama had made a crack about W's comment (when he "looked in Putin's eyes" he "saw a friend"). McCain said when he looked in Putin's eyes, he saw 3 letters: K... G... B... It was bringing up Russia's energy dollars, Russia's invasion of Georgia, etc. McCain had a good bit, and Obama just agreed with him.
    Yes, that's the kind of asinine shit I was talking about. McCain supported the invasion of Iraq, yet bitches about Russia doing the same to Georgia. Of course let's not forget that Russia warned about the possibility of war with Georgia over South Ossetia if a precedent was set with Kosovo's indenedence(which we supported).

In other words: if America does it, it's perfectly alright. If Russia does the same, well freedom around the world is at risk. :rolli: