User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    You're so nice that you find assault funny? I have a hard time finding amusement in that, myself.
    Who doesn't view news stories like PETA tossing blood on people as nice little entertaining reads?

I guess I just don't identify with celebrities getting their fur coats wet.

Sure, assault isn't justified concerning this, but it's not like they put people in life threatening harm, do they?

If a PETA person ran up and punched some business man who does tests on animals, or some fur wearing celebrity I wouldn't find it fu....well, maybe I would.

MBTI
    INTP

Still not seeing it. Still seeing the NAMBLA thing as a pointless thing to bring into the conversation.
    On the surface, you don't see an animal activist group getting shit on more than a pedophile group a little odd? That's obviously why I brought it up.

MBTI
    xNTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Who doesn't view news stories like PETA tossing blood on people as nice little entertaining reads?
    I don't. It doesn't matter how rich or how famous someone is.

That you somehow find it appropriate to physically attack people with more money than you says more about you than it does about those who are assaulted.

And I have a really hard time with equating that standard of behavior to a "nice guy".
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

MBTI
    xNTJ

On the surface, you don't see an animal activist group getting shit on more than a pedophile group a little odd? That's obviously why I brought it up.
    And this is why it's been pointed out to you umpteen times that PETA gets made fun of because of the rampant stupidity of their efforts, which they gleefully make public in the form of press releases.
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Then why not act like it on here? It's not the first time you've been so callous about people wealthier than you or I are, and it's annoying. You have sympathy for assholes who throw paint at people, but none for some celebrity who is just trying to walk into a building unaccosted? That's called "being a biased, immature jerk." I'm going to call you on it.
    I have nothing against rich people, I'm going to be one in a few years. I'm just so removed from the whole PETA situation, that I find the amusement in their antics.

As for sympathy for paint-throwing assholes..not really, I don't identify or sympathize with either the paint thrower or the person getting paint thrown on them.

MBTI
    INTP

And this is why it's been pointed out to you umpteen times that PETA gets made fun of because of the rampant stupidity of their efforts, which they gleefully make public in the form of press releases.
    Clay Aiken get's made fun of, there is actual hostility towards PETA.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Clay Aiken get's made fun of, there is actual hostility towards PETA.
    Clay Aiken is not a criminal activist organization though, important to remember that.

MBTI
    INTP

Why should PETA get more hate only because they get more headlines than NAMBLA? No one has explained this yet.
    Why do neo-conservatives (purported or otherwise) and right-wing Christians recieve more hate than either? For that matter, I've heard more hate directed at Sarah Palin recently than at Nambla or PETA. Also, how is NAMBLA any less antithetical to the self-image of typical Americans than PETA is? We have repeatedly demonstrated our willingness to compromise cherished principles in order to protect children from pedophiles.

To more directly answer your question, headlines remind people of a hated group's existence, so you spend more time than you might otherwise hating on the group in question. The more time you spend hating something, the more likely you are to remember it, and the more likely that that hatred will expand beyond rational proportions.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    Not sure about you but once in my life was enough.
    I am too lazy to re-post my thoughts on this subject since I already did it a few days ago, so here's a link!

MBTI
    INTP

I don't. It doesn't matter how rich or how famous someone is.

That you somehow find it appropriate to physically attack people with more money than you says more about you than it does about those who are assaulted.

And I have a really hard time with equating that standard of behavior to a "nice guy".
    I don't find it appropriate at all. Quite inappropriate and unjustified actually. But I can't help what I find amusing.

You're a fan of South Park right, do you not laugh when they make fun of unfortunate people? Retards, starving kids in Africa, Romanians....