User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 85

  1. #21
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    Okay, I'm confused. Then what was the point of bringing up NAMBLA?
    Because they are a group of pedophiles, and PETA is just a group of wacky animal lovers.. yet they get more hate.

  2. #22
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    It's funny to me. I love reading news stories about stuff like that.

    Not saying I wouldn't flip if they did it to me though...
    I am glad assault and destruction of private property is funny to you.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  3. #23
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Because they are a group of pedophiles, and PETA is just a group of wacky animal lovers.. yet they get more hate.
    Some of their members are extremists. I am not comparing them to NAMBLA, but you're glossing over the fact that there are some real maniacs amongst PETA.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  4. #24
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Oh, and NAMBLA is pretty creepy, too. They are also vilified by just about everyone.
    Yeah, that's a given. But I've heard a lot more anti-PETA rants than anti-NAMBLA ones, if any.

  5. #25
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Some of their members are extremists. I am not comparing them to NAMBLA, but you're glossing over the fact that there are some real maniacs amongst PETA.
    Sure. Still, as we agree, not very comparable to organized pedophiles.

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I am glad assault and destruction of private property is funny to you.
    awww, poor millionaire celebrities, my heart goes out to them.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Already explained:

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I don't know why I bother...

    I made the point, PETA gets so much hate because they make headlines. NAMBLA doesn't, so they get less hate. They're not on the radar.

    Your response was, "No, headlines don't have anything to do with it. PETA is persecuted because they go against the desires of society". You must be implying that NAMBLA reinforces the values of society, otherwise your argument makes no sense.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Enyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    xNTJ
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Because they are a group of pedophiles, and PETA is just a group of wacky animal lovers.. yet they get more hate.
    I know what NAMBLA is. I'm sure every time NAMBLA puts out a press release, they get crucified, too.

    Oh, wait. I don't see press releases suggesting stupid, sick, or bizarre things in furtherance of their cause. I only see that from PETA.

    I wouldn't say that PETA gets more hate than a group of pedophiles. I would say that PETA spends more time putting a target sign on themselves. Their campaign to get other people to think like them is so extreme that they've made themselves repulsive or a joke. Or both.

    But I'm pretty sure there will be people with pitchforks and burnings of effigies at the next NAMBLA rally that makes its way to CNN.
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

  8. #28
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Awww, poor millionaire celebrities, my heart goes out to them.
    Comments like this one are how it's clear you are a jerk IRL.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  9. #29
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Already explained:
    That argument would only make sense if PETA and NAMBLA were comparable groups. PETA is more benign, 100x more benign than NAMBLA.

  10. #30
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Comments like this one are how it's clear you are a jerk IRL.
    Lighten up man. I think I'm a nice guy IRL.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-09-2011, 10:46 AM
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-13-2008, 10:00 AM
  3. [INTP] Where do you like to go on vacation?
    By arborvitae in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-07-2008, 02:08 PM
  4. How to Go from Introvert to Extrovert
    By Usehername in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-30-2007, 12:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO