User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    It's not simply that, it's because they run contrary to and "threaten" the red-blood meat eating American way of life. It's like that "gay agenda" that everyone is so scared of.

When I hear stories of people throwing pigs blood on businessmen and stuff like that, I just think "heh that's kind of funny".
    I think I get it. PETA is left-wing, so they're crucified. NAMBLA is right-wing (at least in your head), so they're left alone. I read you loud and clear, ajblaise.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I think I get it. PETA is left-wing, so they're crucified. NAMBLA is right-wing (at least in your head), so they're left alone. I read you loud and clear, ajblaise.
    uhhhh not really what I had in mind Lat. The KKK receives plenty of hate for example, but for a different reason.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

You're not making sense.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTP

Explain. I don't think you're making sense. You haven't even made a real point yet.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I don't know why I bother...

I made the point, PETA gets so much hate because they make headlines. NAMBLA doesn't, so they get less hate. They're not on the radar.

Your response was, "No, headlines don't have anything to do with it. PETA is persecuted because they go against the desires of society". You must be implying that NAMBLA reinforces the values of society, otherwise your argument makes no sense.

MBTI
    INTP

I don't know why I bother...

I made the point, PETA gets so much hate because they make headlines. NAMBLA doesn't, so they get less hate. They're not on the radar.
    Just the simple fact that a group gets headlines doesn't make them hated (obviously), it's what the group stands for that makes them hated.. headlines just pass on this info.

Your response was, "No, headlines don't have anything to do with it. PETA is persecuted because they go against the desires of society". You must be implying that NAMBLA reinforces the values of society, otherwise your argument makes no sense.
    I'm not implying anything about NAMBLA. You're seeing this in black and white.

oh man, FJ's....it's hard to talk sense to them sometimes.

MBTI
    ESFJ

It's not simply that, it's because they run contrary to and "threaten" the red-blood meat eating American way of life. It's like that "gay agenda" that everyone is so scared of.

When I hear stories of people throwing pigs blood on a businessmen that hurt animals and stuff like that, I just think "heh that's kind of funny".
    They do it to celebrities who wear leather and fur, too, and it's not funny. It's assault. As I've stated before on these boards, if one of those people ever threw red paint or animal blood on my fur coat (if I had one, which I would love), the ensuing carnage would make a slaughterhouse look kindergarten fingerpaint.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    xNTJ

Just the simple fact that a group gets headlines doesn't make them hated (obviously), it's what the group stands for that makes them hated.. headlines just pass on this info.

I'm not implying anything about NAMBLA. You're seeing this in black and white.

oh man, FJ's....it's hard to talk sense to them sometimes.
    Okay, I'm confused. Then what was the point of bringing up NAMBLA?
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

MBTI
    ESFJ

Oh, and NAMBLA is pretty creepy, too. They are also vilified by just about everyone.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    They do it to celebrities who wear leather and fur, too, and it's not funny. It's assault.
    It's funny to me. I love reading news stories about stuff like that.

Not saying I wouldn't flip if they did it to me though...