User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I like the idea of government sponsored private work
    Too much room for corruption. We don't have to attach a dollar sign to everything on earth.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Too much room for corruption. We don't have to attach a dollar sign to everything on earth.
    LOL (A good hearty LOL at that). Man, there's just as much room for corruption in government. No question about it. And there's more room for sloppy, useless expenditures.

MBTI
    INTP

LOL (A good hearty LOL at that). Man, there's just as much room for corruption in government. No question about it. And there's more room for sloppy, useless expenditures.
    uhhh, and even more room when government is mixed with profit-seeking companies, obviously.

And didn't Blackwater or Halliburton just "lose" a billion dollars? Over-billing is a big issue too.

Oberon

You don't become the first nation to the moon with inefficiency. We can do that, we can provide health care lol.
    Eh. I've seen government housing and government education. No government health care for me, thanks.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

And didn't Blackwater or Halliburton just "lose" a billion dollars? Over-billing is a big issue too.
    I would assume it was Halliburton? I don't have knowledge of it though.

Something to consider is that if a private company fails, only the company fails (unless there's some bullshit government corporate wellfare involved). If the government biffs something big, we all take a bite of that sandwich.

MBTI
    INTP

I would assume it was Halliburton? I don't have knowledge of it though.

Something to consider is that if a private company fails, only the company fails (unless there's some bullshit government corporate wellfare involved). If the government biffs something big, we all take a bite of that sandwich.
    Private companies fail when they stop making money or lose money. Government doesn't have this problem. And fortunately, if the government messes up a certain project, the money that gets wasted isn't so much yours and mine, but the top 5% of wealth holders. And if the government messes up, lets say a housing project, after the failure, the government is still there and hardly effected, it's a big fucking sandwich. No one company has the resources the government has.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Private companies fail when they stop making money or lose money. Government doesn't have this problem. And fortunately, if the government messes up a certain project, the money that gets wasted isn't so much yours and mine, but the top 5% of wealth holders. And if the government messes up, lets say a housing project, after the failure, the government is still there and hardly effected, it's a big fucking sandwich. No one company has the resources the government has.
    Have you taken a good economics class, or read a great econ. book or two? I don't mean to insult you, but it sounds as if your knowledge of the field relates to a Che brochure.

When a company fails at a job, a job which society wanted done, there is a gap in the market. Other businesses tend to notice these gaps as ways to make money, and take up the slack.

If you look at the Soviet Union, when a job done by the government was done horribly (or just wasn't done) you had to just sit there and eat the sandwich. Wait, I forgot, no bread.

MBTI
    INTP

When a company fails at a job, a job which society wanted done, there is a gap in the market. Other businesses tend to notice these gaps as ways to make money, and take up the slack.
    Not really disagreeing with this. What's you're point? And how exactly do you disagree with my last post?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Not really disagreeing with this. What's you're point? And how exactly do you disagree with my last post?
    I was under the impression you were still arguing your thesis.

MBTI
    INTP

If you look at the Soviet Union, when a job done by the government was done horribly (or just wasn't done) you had to just sit there and eat the sandwich. Wait, I forgot, no bread.
    The Soviet Union could have done better when it came to standards of living. But they did go from a backwards nation to the number 2 economic superpower in the world. Give credit where credit is due.