User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Does anyone know if he's doing the debate yet?

I'd be so mad if he cancelled, Mississippi has been so excited for this debate and Ole Miss about getting something important for a change. And people have been preparing for this debate all over the place, and desperately trying to get tickets. Like this is huge for us, and it's just so annoying that all of those plans people had made, he could just change on a whim.

I mean I understand it's a good reason or whatever, but he's like putting a country on hold. I've cancelled school to go (and we have a very limited amount of days off) and I really really hope he comes.

Now it's a little ridiculous, it's the day before the debate and he STILL has not decided.

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Yeah. Based on the (admittedly just a few) interview clips I've seen with her, while she may have some charm about her, her weaknesses in terms of knowledge are pretty easily exposed. Will that convince the American people? Maybe not. And it may be that if Biden mops the floor with her because of his experience and knowledge, he'll just be widely considered to be a giant meanie... but I can't really imagine Palin actually winning a debate against Biden.
    I just now saw excerpts of her talk with Katie Couric. Palin looked like a child. I felt sorry for her. Katie wasn't even being that tough. I've seen some other people who are big shots in their countries and don't sound very nimble in live dialogues, but that is because English is not their preferred language.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I like how McCain made out like he HAD to go to Washington to save the day and said basically nothing the entire time.
    Mr. McCain was at one end of the long conference table, Mr. Obama at the other, with the president and senior Congressional leaders between them. Participants said Mr. Obama peppered Mr. Paulson with questions, while Mr. McCain said little. Outside the West Wing, a huge crowd of reporters gathered in the driveway, anxiously awaiting an appearance by either presidential candidate, with expectations running high.
    I also got a kick out of this...
    If money isnt loosened up, this sucker could go down, President Bush on Thursday as he watched the $700 billion bailout package fall apart before his eyes, according to one person in the room.
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9YiVXRqBLo&feature=related"]"I'll try and find ya some and I'll bring em to ya"[/YOUTUBE]omg.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    I just now saw excerpts of her talk with Katie Couric. Palin looked like a child. I felt sorry for her. Katie wasn't even being that tough. I've seen some other people who are big shots in their countries and don't sound very nimble in live dialogues, but that is because English is not their preferred language.
    Exactly. With no pre-written media excerpts for the press or speeches that she can read from a teleprompter, she's useless.

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    John McCain had actually requested more debates than Obama had agreed to, a point Bill Clinton himself has noted. Obama's strength is scripted speeches, not debates; I don't think McCain fears losing the debates to him.
    i cant stop thinking about the pinky

he showed it to me. it looked fine. my gut tells me this is similiar.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    To an observer with no prior knowledge of anyone involved, Palin vs. Biden is going to Palin. She's smooth.
    Well, the bolded part is a pretty difficult thing to overlook. She's is terrible at covering up the knowledge that she lacks. I really think that she is the opposite of smooth. She can repeat a witty, rehearsed story about lipstick and soccer moms a couple of times, but she seems completely unable to improvise while sounding remotely intelligent.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    Hmmm.

I wonder if Couric & Company didn't maybe edit the interview to deliberately make Palin look dumb.

Remember, this is the same network that brought us Dan Rather's "fake but accurate" Air National Guard memos.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    Well, the bolded part is a pretty difficult thing to overlook. She's is terrible at covering up the knowledge that she lacks. I really think that she is the opposite of smooth. She can repeat a witty, rehearsed story about lipstick and soccer moms a couple of times, but she seems completely unable to improvise while sounding remotely intelligent.
    I don't know about that. I could see her making broad-but-incisive points against Biden in a debate. If it were a quiz on the issues (excluding energy and mining), then no, probably not.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Exactly. With no pre-written media excerpts for the press or speeches that she can read from a teleprompter, she's useless.
    Now that's just wrong. I can think of several uses for her.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii