User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I don't know, Eileen, I think the McC campaign knows what they're doing. To an observer with no prior knowledge of anyone involved, Palin vs. Biden is going to Palin. She's smooth.
    If it goes the way of the Republicans on that debate, I don't think it will be due to Palin "out-smoothing" Biden, but rather the Republicans playing up Biden's ties to credit card companies. The attack dogs of the Obama campaign ( versus Obama himself ) still haven't realized ( as Bill Clinton has ) that a lot of people like Palin for the very reasons that she is being made fun of by the Liberals. It's not that they haven't heard about some of these ballyhooed liabilities so much as they feel those things make her "one of them" !!! I cut the Keith Olbermanns etc. some slack though, as they are trying to offset the constant barrage from people like Rush Limbaugh. Maybe you can't fight fire with fire, but I enjoy hearing some of it anyway.

I just read that Obama has supposedly taken a lot of contributions from Goldman Sachs, though, and I'm wondering how tough he can get with Paulson if that's so. But at least his side claims to be planning on doing something about the health insurance crisis.

Still, I admit that I'm glad that some Republicans are in there fighting this thing, all the more so considering that it is sponsored by "one of their own" where the temptation must be to "quit rocking the boat".
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I think people underestimate how much Obama knows his shit. He is very well versed on every major issue. I think his effort should be to make McCain look like a old clueless grandpa.
    I wonder if you and I have been looking at the same Obama.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Really? Have some examples? The past few months especially, he goes into specific detail and and shows a very good understanding of current events.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

He's thinking of Osama.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Here, I'll save you all the trouble:

McCain: Country, honor, I was a POW, country, my friends, country, POW, country, friends, POW, honor, POW, country, POW.

Senator Obama, your bebuttal?

Obama: Change, hope, change, hope, believe, hope, change, believe, hope, change, change, hope, believe, change, hope, hope, change.

*applause*
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INTP

He's thinking of Osama.
    lol?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

I don't know, Eileen, I think the McC campaign knows what they're doing. To an observer with no prior knowledge of anyone involved, Palin vs. Biden is going to Palin. She's smooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    She's a people person, but so is Biden. Socially, they are both adept, but on issues, Biden is so much more knowledgeable. He's going to talk and talk and show off how much he knows.
    Yeah. Based on the (admittedly just a few) interview clips I've seen with her, while she may have some charm about her, her weaknesses in terms of knowledge are pretty easily exposed. Will that convince the American people? Maybe not. And it may be that if Biden mops the floor with her because of his experience and knowledge, he'll just be widely considered to be a giant meanie... but I can't really imagine Palin actually winning a debate against Biden.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Well, given your (and his) biases, you may be looking at Obama differently than each other, and it's possible that neither or both of you are right. Hello, relativity...
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Well, given your (and his) biases, you may be looking at Obama differently than each other, and it's possible that neither or both of you are right. Hello, relativity...
    I don't know, it seems everyone agrees that he's quite articulate, and he will talk at length on foreign affairs, the economy, even issues like the Georgia/Russia conflict.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Yeah, I mean, I am for Obama and I agree with you. I just think that if someone doesn't take his ideas seriously, maybe it's easy for them to perceive it as all fluff and hope, maybe like it's easy for me (because I don't buy into John McCain's rhetoric) to perceive it as all fluff and patriotism.
    INFJ