User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    xNTJ

They just said on CNN that McCain isn't planning on being in DC on Friday night. If he's not there, and he's not at the debate, I have a hard time seeing how this could play out in his favor.
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

MBTI
    enfp

this one time, this guy in high school challenged me to a fight, then when i stepped up, he backed out saying "my finger hurts".

he even showed me the pinky that hurt.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    this one time, this guy in high school challenged me to a fight, then when i stepped up, he backed out saying "my finger hurts".
    John McCain had actually requested more debates than Obama had agreed to, a point Bill Clinton himself has noted. Obama's strength is scripted speeches, not debates; I don't think McCain fears losing the debates to him.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I don't, either, but I do think he could've been trying to put off next week's VP debate by replacing it with this one.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    XNXP

I heard that the VP debate is set up now so that there is even less interaction between the "debaters". Some "debates" are basically just opportunities for people to get up and speak for X minutes on a subject mostly of their own choosing. ( "That reminds me of ..." ) I wouldn't want a shouting match exactly, but I'd like to see more opportunities for back and forth nitty gritty to occur.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    XNXP

Update - Looks like they are not that close on a deal after all. A guy ( I think he may have been a Senator ) just was on Lou Dobbs saying that there are still serious objections coming towards Bush's plan. He was a Republican ( Brad Sherman, IIRC ) and the way he made it sound was that any oversight that Bush is allowing is only going to be some more of Bush's pals. I guess Palin ( the way he tells it ) and some of the others are caving because they're afraid of how angry the voters might get if the foot dragging causes any trouble while we're waiting for something better.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    John McCain had actually requested more debates than Obama had agreed to, a point Bill Clinton himself has noted. Obama's strength is scripted speeches, not debates; I don't think McCain fears losing the debates to him.
    I think McCain's campaign is stressing more about the Biden vs. Palin debates, a lot more, than McCain's and Obama's.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I think McCain's campaign is stressing more about the Biden vs. Palin debates, a lot more, than McCain's and Obama's.
    As well they should. Palin doesn't have a fucking clue.

As for McCain and Obama, I think they'll be pretty well matched. They're both smart guys.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I don't know, Eileen, I think the McC campaign knows what they're doing. To an observer with no prior knowledge of anyone involved, Palin vs. Biden is going to Palin. She's smooth.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    As well they should. Palin doesn't have a fucking clue.

As for McCain and Obama, I think they'll be pretty well matched. They're both smart guys.
    I think people underestimate how much Obama knows his shit. He is very well versed on every major issue. I think his effort should be to make McCain look like a old clueless grandpa.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I don't know, Eileen, I think the McC campaign knows what they're doing. To an observer with no prior knowledge of anyone involved, Palin vs. Biden is going to Palin. She's smooth.
    She's a people person, but so is Biden. Socially, they are both adept, but on issues, Biden is so much more knowledgeable. He's going to talk and talk and show off how much he knows.