User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    Not to everyone, though. There are those out there that think that this is a sign of patriotism: he's putting the needs of his nation before the needs of his own political ambitions. And that's hardly a bad thing.
    Then there are those that think that's what he wants us to think, and resent being manipulated.

I didn't enter this election with a bad opinion of McCain. I actually thought it was pretty cool that for once there was an election with two candidates I could live with. I have really lost a lot of respect for him with all the (what I consider to be) cheap tricks.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I didn't enter this election with a bad opinion of McCain. I actually thought it was pretty cool that for once there was an election with two candidates I could live with. I have really lost a lot of respect for him with all the (what I consider to be) cheap tricks.
    With tapping Palin for VP being the cheapest of them all. I'm surprised that what would seems like such a transparent attempt to sweep up women voters isn't really an issue with most people.

MBTI
    enfp

i hope a camera follows him around friday night

i want to see what restaurant he eats at

who he talks to

unless he is performing open heart surgery on thousands of people at once, i can't imagine what is so important he has on his calendar on friday night that is less important than so many people panicking about what is going on in the world.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjkCrfylq-E"]Dave Does it Better[/YOUTUBE]
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    With tapping Palin for VP being the cheapest of them all. I'm surprised that what would seems like such a transparent attempt to sweep up women voters isn't really an issue with most people.
    People dislike career politicians unless they happen to have unusually likeable personalities, like Bill Clinton.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    People dislike career politicians unless they happen to have unusually likeable personalities, like Bill Clinton.
    Yeah I'll agree that was another reason they picked her. I wish, if they had to pick someone not a lifetime politician, that they would at least would pick someone knowledgeable in the economy, foreign affairs...something. Maybe anyone that knows anything is too much of an "elite" for some people.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Yeah I'll agree that was another reason they picked her. I wish, if they had to pick someone not a lifetime politician, that they would at least would pick someone knowledgeable in the economy, foreign affairs...something. Maybe anyone that knows anything is too much of an "elite" for some people.
    Most members of the electorate don't know anything about those topics, either. They want someone who is attractive, somewhat articulate, doesn't have too checkered a past, and who espouses the same values they do. That is about it.

BTW, I generally loathe people who fit those criteria. Attractive is good. Articulate is nice. But I like checkered pasts, and I wouldn't want someone running the country who is just like me. Politically, it would be nice. In terms of mindset, forget it. We'd find a way to be at war with the Netherlands and New Zealand somehow if a guy like me were running things.

MBTI
    INTP

They want someone who is attractive, somewhat articulate, doesn't have too checkered a past, and who espouses the same values they do.
    That's 30% of everyone. We need exceptional people for high offices. Biden is at least someone more knowledgeable and intelligent than the average joe, and knows foreign affairs.

MBTI
    XNXP

They want someone who is attractive, somewhat articulate, doesn't have too checkered a past, and who espouses the same values they do. That is about it.

BTW, I generally loathe people who fit those criteria. Attractive is good. Articulate is nice. But I like checkered pasts
    Maybe we could get John Waters to run, since we're bringing in celebrities from the movies these days.

"The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I'd take John Waters over John McCain. Washington, D.C. would be a lot more fun, and Waters is used to making things happen on smaller budgets. That is what we need in this country.