First 513141516 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    As long as McCain's around, it won't be anything like Bush-Cheney. He'll be the brains behind the operation. Personally, I'm quite afraid of Biden. Two sides to every coin.
    Heheh, McCain, plllease don't leave usssss.

I don't know much about Biden. Want to fill me in?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Okay, LOL. Here's the first conservative Biden article I found. I'll read it shortly.

MASON CONSERVATIVE: Biden's Mess

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    As long as McCain's around, it won't be anything like Bush-Cheney. He'll be the brains behind the operation. Personally, I'm quite afraid of Biden. Two sides to every coin.
    Yes, two sides indeed. McCain of 2000 was awesome. Somewhere in the 8 years he seemed to have lost his way. I can't get a feel for the McCain of 2008. On the surface he is pushing the same Bush policies that I don't feel has really done much good for the country at all.

Obama makes me sad. I like to think I'm a pretty good reader of people, but I misjudged him a bit. I bought his Primary campaign rhetoric, for the most part. I started to feel he could offer genuine change with all the money he was earning via the people on his website, and then once he was nominated he goes back on his word and supports FISA.

*sigh*

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Obama makes me sad. I like to think I'm a pretty good reader of people, but I misjudged him a bit. I bought his Primary campaign rhetoric, for the most part. I started to feel he could offer genuine change with all the money he was earning via the people on his website, and then once he was nominated he goes back on his word and supports FISA.

*sigh*
    This makes me sad about him as well, but he has to appeal to a more moderate constituent as a presidential candidate than he did as a Dem. primary candidate. I still think it blows, though.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    This makes me sad about him as well, but he has to appeal to a more moderate constituent as a presidential candidate than he did as a Dem. primary candidate. I still think it blows, though.
    A lot of people would be more upset about the FISA vote if they knew what it actually meant. But, then again, something like 40% of the population believes that the POTUS can suspend the U.S. Constitution in a time of national emergency. I get depressed just thinking about it.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I wish the Religious Right would go back to the old "Leave us alone to believe what we want; the government isn't of God, anyway" program. Somewhere along the way, the conservative part of the Christian conservatives died off, and it now it's Big Government for God all the way. Makes me sad.
    That mostly happened because homosexual activists started attacking institutions such as the Boy Scouts, and "women's rights groups" starting pushing for 13 year old girls to be able to have abortions without their parents even knowing about it, much less giving permission. That kind of crap tends to kick people into a more active role.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I wish the Religious Right would go back to the old "Leave us alone to believe what we want; the government isn't of God, anyway" program. Somewhere along the way, the conservative part of the Christian conservatives died off, and it now it's Big Government for God all the way. Makes me sad.
    Not an accident.

And the same thing could happen to the Democrats with the Green Agenda.

“…[O]ne ought not to say to someone whom one wants to kill, ‘Give me your gun, I want to kill you with it,’ but merely, ‘Give me your gun,’ for once you have the gun in your hand, you can satisfy your desire.”

Leo Strauss, Thoughts on Machiavelli, University of Chicago Press, 1978, page 9.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Once again, this forum needs a gagging smiley. Crappy articles like that are why nothing ever gets done in politics. It's all about demonizing people and not understanding anyone or anything.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Once again, this forum needs a gagging smiley. Crappy articles like that are why nothing ever gets done in politics. It's all about demonizing people and not understanding anyone or anything.
    If one carefully reads the article, it is about how the good intentions of many common people were used to bring about the agenda of the the few and how people's idealism was used against them. The same thing can happen in any group. It's a good lesson to pay attention to, though few will. And I do foresee that the same thing could happen to the Democrats through the Green (new age religion) agenda. But people won't want to see it.

Also there's this smiley you can use.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    If one carefully reads the article, it is about how the good intentions of many common people were used to bring about the agenda of the the few and how people's idealism was used against them. The same thing can happen in any group. It's a good lesson to pay attention to, though few will.
    The problem is you have to strip off all the layers of ridiculous sensationalist garbage rhetoric to even get to that idea. There's probably some "good lessons" in that book by Hitler, too.

Yeah, I just Godwined this mofo, who's gonna step to me? That's what I thought.