User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I don't hate McCain and would have taken him over Bush any day, but this time I don't believe he has what it takes to get us out of this mess we're in. Voting out of spite isn't what our country needs.
    You've made enough posts, previously, voicing your displeasure with McCain for me to not believe this.

I don't care enough to actually do it, but I do get annoyed when people start assigning motivations. I don't like Fe.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    Pfft. The irrational thing is to believe that McCain's attempt to skip the debate were for the reasons he stated. I don't hate the guy, but I know bullshit when I hear it.
    Yes, that would be silly, but the attempts by Obama supporters to spin it like McCain is scared to debate are just as irrational.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    You've made enough posts, previously, voicing your displeasure with McCain for me to not believe this.

I don't care enough to actually do it, but I do get annoyed when people start assigning motivations. I don't like Fe.
    So, childishly threatening to vote for a candidate out of "spite" isn't displaying Fe? Embrace your inner F, man!

As for expressing annoyance over others opinions, that to me is silly. I do like to hear other people's pov on most things and when it comes to politics I don't claim to be an expert and do not feel animosity towards those who don't share my view. (just pity ;P)
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

Well, I'm glad to see that it looks like the debate will proceed tonight as far as I can tell....

Then maybe we'll have more substantial fodder to throw our biases at .

MBTI
    xNTJ

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    I wonder if any other women are slightly embarrassed that she is currently the main political representative of our sex.
    That's like saying that white men should be embarrassed because of W.

*shrugs*

One's gender has nothing to do with their politics.

Besides that, prior to her, we had Nancy Pelosi as our "main political representative". If we can survive that embarrassment, then we can survive anything. :P
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

MBTI
    enfp

cool. mccain is gonna show up.

i love a good fight! watching one is pretty fun... i hope a lot of sparks fly... *oohhhhs* and *ahhhhs*

edit*

i can't believe that i am actually looking forward to a presidential debate. my gawd...

MBTI
    enfp

dang, feel bad for anyone who worked at washington mutual...

i wonder if wamu would have been able to avoid meltdown this week if congress was able to pass something legit on time...

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Hmmm.

I wonder if Couric & Company didn't maybe edit the interview to deliberately make Palin look dumb.

Remember, this is the same network that brought us Dan Rather's "fake but accurate" Air National Guard memos.
    Well, it was excerpts, as I acknowledged upfront. But these weren't simply quick clips of a candidate being momentarily tongue tied, for which I'm sure you could find examples for any of the four. The entire interview with Katie was supposed to be shown later, on the same channel. At least they said they were planning on showing it. ( I didn't stay up to watch and confirm that. )

Two clips were shown.

One was Sarah explaining how her occasionally sending some Alaskan trade missions to Russia, and her being on the lookout for Russian jets in USA airspace, constituted foreign policy credibility. This part was kind of funny, but Sarah still managed to hold some shreds of dignity there.

During the segment on "second-guessing Israel" however, she looked like a frustrated 12 year old as she "explained" to Katie about "good guys" and "bad guys". I felt so bad for her that my male protective instincts were even involuntarily activated.

Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    That's like saying that white men should be embarrassed because of W.
    If George was one of the few white men in politics, I probably would be.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post

i can't believe that i am actually looking forward to a presidential debate. my gawd...

that means you're old.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    that means you're old.
    i know!

T_T

i was actually debating and talkign about it and laughing about what they were saying with my friend while we were watching it

man... this is some serious aging going on...