User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 38

  1. #1
    F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Posts
    1,990

    Default What can Europe do in a post EU Europe?

    Let's say the EU's days are numbered.
    In reducing Germany's deficit France and Italy wish to transfer some of it to their countries thus shifting the leverage of power within the EU prompting for the notion of an EU breakup being on the table in German politics.

    So what can replace the EU, that everybody hopefully can get on aboard?
    A bail out of the EU by UK, China, US, Canada, Russia? To save the EU but maintain equilibrium making the EU friendly to all (UK, China, US, Canada, Russia) and in return, UK, China, US, Canada, Russia gaining friendly peace and trade with the EU.

    Or to scrap the EU but not give up and go back to the drawing board and trying for another deal that could help everybody?

    What can be done with a failing EU?

  2. #2
    F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Posts
    1,990

    Default

    What if the developing world were to invest into the EU?
    Would that be a risky investment?

  3. #3
    F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Posts
    1,990

    Default

    Also, it comes to my attention that GDP is predicted to be 0.96% in the United Kingdom (which is still higher than Japan's 0.83% prediction) but; in 2016 GDP was 2.03% in the United Kingdom and 0.75% in Japan.
    https://data.oecd.org/chart/4I1s
    So even though GDP remains higher in the UK, it's at a significant reduction however in Japan it's at a rise.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ilikeitlikethat View Post
    Let's say the EU's days are numbered.


    Lets not already, Putin.

  5. #5
    F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Posts
    1,990

    Default

    I hate to say it, I really do, never forget those who die for your country but, what if the EU were to have an army, and the UK signed a peace treaty to not have a defence and to not build an army for 50 years, so it'll be free to invest into the arts and sciences while the EU in return gets to operate the British armed forces controlled by the EU.

  6. #6
    F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Posts
    1,990

    Default

    Not to be dumb but, can the UK afford an armed defence (yes) but, how much money can the UK save if the EU pays the defence bill?
    Doesn't the EU want control over Europe with a coordinated armed defence?; if they pay and we save on defence and get occupied by the EU, can we then invest into other stuff and see a boost in the sciences for innovation and development and productivity and jobs and quality of life?

    If it worked for Post WW2 Japan and Germany, why not again for UK, to redirect spending for innovation and scientific break through to increase GDP? Probably in medicine perhaps with the socialised health care, probably into astro physics to boost Oxford, Cambridge and Imperial College London, and to really boost University College London and The University of Manchester too perhaps? '5 top 10 universities perhaps being British if money were to be invested into the sciences?'
    How much does the UK armed forces make?
    Is the armed forces a money maker and the UK'd be foolish to try and emulate West Germany and Japan?

    Also, what if NATO is a bit out dated?
    Since I doubt this would be fair to just in effect quit NATO; UNLESS THE EU promised to pay a lot (more than some nation states are contributing towards NATO today) more to NATO just to make it fairer, that would be okay.

    I propose;
    Take UK out of NATO, give EU UK's armed defence, UK signs no armed forces deal for 50 years in return of occupation by EU, EU pays for that and helps USA lot more in NATO, NATO goes on? UK gets to reinvest into other areas for growth through innovation and development, technology and science gets helped with new found investment and sells more to the world than UK defence?
    IDK, I really don't know, the UK armed defences is like a career and a lifestyle and a personal family tradition for some, so I don't think it'll ever be popular to peacefully take it away. Un peacefully would just be illegal.

  7. #7
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    315 sp/so
    Posts
    8,122

    Default

    Basically you have only two scenarios if EU falls apart. They will quckly make EU 2.0 that hopefully will have much less flaws as current one ... or various parts will be going their own way. What probably means collapse of democracy in all or most parts of Eastern Europe. Germany, France and Italy and few other countries could go bankrupt or they will have very large structural changes. China wants to buy pretty much the whole countries in Europe for years, but it gets turned down, so without a stabile block it is possible that some smaller countries will be bought. Will NATO survive in it's current borders is questionable.


    The problem with EU is exactly that too open trade is killing the system, since the economic differences are too large at this point and therefore free trade is impossible continent wide if EU collapses. Since that is what was wrong in the first place. So you will have to wait a decade or two before this balances out in a way that such deal would create stabile dynamic ... but who knows what exactly will be so far into the future. Just in 2016 the world was turned upside down.



    Perhaps for now it is the best to divide the union internally into two segments which will be somewhat different rules until the time the union even out a little bit. Also I would not call outsiders for help because that probably only means that we will have just another pontless variable in the system. Problem of the union isn't lack of money but flow of money, so outsiders can't really help you with that. We have to fix this on our own.

  8. #8
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    315 sp/so
    Posts
    8,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ilikeitlikethat View Post
    I hate to say it, I really do, never forget those who die for your country but, what if the EU were to have an army, and the UK signed a peace treaty to not have a defence and to not build an army for 50 years, so it'll be free to invest into the arts and sciences while the EU in return gets to operate the British armed forces controlled by the EU.

    Your country has Nukes, this will never happen. There isn't even a theoretical possibility for this to happen.
    Likes ceecee liked this post

  9. #9
    F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Posts
    1,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    Your country has Nukes, this will never happen. There isn't even a theoretical possibility for this to happen.
    Does the EU want the nukes?
    EU pays, UK grow in other areas.

    Unless UK makes its money off its armed forces then, no deal.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    Your country has Nukes, this will never happen. There isn't even a theoretical possibility for this to happen.
    Also, who in the hell dreams up a totally madcap scenario like that one? I mean really.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    Basically you have only two scenarios if EU falls apart. They will quckly make EU 2.0 that hopefully will have much less flaws as current one ... or various parts will be going their own way. What probably means collapse of democracy in all or most parts of Eastern Europe. Germany, France and Italy and few other countries could go bankrupt or they will have very large structural changes. China wants to buy pretty much the whole countries in Europe for years, but it gets turned down, so without a stabile block it is possible that some smaller countries will be bought. Will NATO survive in it's current borders is questionable.


    The problem with EU is exactly that too open trade is killing the system, since the economic differences are too large at this point and therefore free trade is impossible continent wide if EU collapses. Since that is what was wrong in the first place. So you will have to wait a decade or two before this balances out in a way that such deal would create stabile dynamic ... but who knows what exactly will be so far into the future. Just in 2016 the world was turned upside down.



    Perhaps for now it is the best to divide the union internally into two segments which will be somewhat different rules until the time the union even out a little bit. Also I would not call outsiders for help because that probably only means that we will have just another pontless variable in the system. Problem of the union isn't lack of money but flow of money, so outsiders can't really help you with that. We have to fix this on our own.
    The EU will rise again

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts