User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What can Europe do in a post EU Europe?

F CK all I need is U Array ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Also, who in the hell dreams up a totally madcap scenario like that one? I mean really.
    Same person who made a thread about the open mind?
    Where's your open mind?

Also, who in the hell dreams up a totally madcap scenario like that one? I mean really.
    Obviously the ENTP that started the thread.

The EU will rise again
    Perhaps, but the key question is "Did it even fall ?". There are plenty of bombastic headlines but thus far notthing trully big happend to the core of the system ... and people forget about this. Even Brexit at this point is nothing more than a "random referendum". There could be changes in the future but so far nothing trully major has happened in Europe.
    Likes SpankyMcFly liked this post

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    Perhaps, but the key question is "Did it even fall ?". There are plenty of bombastic headlines but thus far notthing trully big happend to the core of the system ... and people forget about this. Even Brexit at this point is nothing more than a "random referendum". There could be changes in the future but so far nothing trully major has happened in Europe.
    EU hasn't fallen.
    But it's not to say it won't fall.
    Brexit hasn't happened
    But it's not to say it won't happen.

Questions have to be asked of what happens next? Vs. what went wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by ilikeitlikethat View Post
    EU hasn't fallen.
    But it's not to say it won't fall.
    Brexit hasn't happened
    But it's not to say it won't happen.

Questions have to be asked of what happens next? Vs. what went wrong?

That is true. (as my post suggests)
    However the fact is that at this point alot less concrete stuff has happened than the media tend to project. Therefore if you persue these kind of questions/projections you are creating something that is likely to turn into a self fulfiling prophecy. While it is perhaps the best that everybody just calms down and starts to think about other subjects. Since "mass fear and panic" is often the main thing that is driving edgy situations into the abyss, not the inital problem.

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

That is true. (as my post suggests)
    However the fact is that at this point alot less concrete stuff has happened than the media tend to project. Therefore if you persue these kind of questions/projections you are creating something that is likely to turn into a self fulfiling prophecy. While it is perhaps the best that everybody just calms down and starts to think about other subjects. Since "mass fear and panic" is often the main thing that is driving edgy situations into the abyss, not the inital problem.
    It's concrete to plan for all possibilities, the media might exaggerate or suppress or neither and just relay information, but to conclude with turning a blind eye and not exploring all avenues, wouldn't be concrete at all, but rather castles made up of sand.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Take solace in the fact that Britain will be busy enough taking care of itself.
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

Donald Trump seems to be offering a future to the UK post EU.
    Trump's EU ambassador supports Brexit: US trade deal expected within a year | Politics | News | Daily Express January 8th 2017

Man tipped to be next US ambassador in UK says Britain will thrive under Brexit | World | News | Daily Express November 21st 2016
    ... He ridiculed the notion of the European Union (EU) and the idea the US could be asked to join the ailing bloc.

He said: "Would they want the United States to join anything like the EU — a federal superstate that curtails sovereignty?"

"Of course the answer is no! We wouldn’t want that in any way, shape or form."

"And the British already decided not to become part of the flawed euro currency and the European Central Bank."

Quote Originally Posted by ilikeitlikethat View Post
    Donald Trump seems to be offering a future to the UK post EU.
    Trump's EU ambassador supports Brexit: US trade deal expected within a year | Politics | News | Daily Express January 8th 2017

Man tipped to be next US ambassador in UK says Britain will thrive under Brexit | World | News | Daily Express November 21st 2016
    ... He ridiculed the notion of the European Union (EU) and the idea the US could be asked to join the ailing bloc.

He said: "Would they want the United States to join anything like the EU — a federal superstate that curtails sovereignty?"

"Of course the answer is no! We wouldn’t want that in any way, shape or form."

"And the British already decided not to become part of the flawed euro currency and the European Central Bank."

I don't understand why are you so into trade deals. I am pretty sure US doesn't want such a trade deal because it hopes to have a trade deficit in it. In the end trade deals are mostly nothing more than "might makes right".

However those words are probably very good for EU, because Trump's hate towards it might just be the mechanism that it will keep it in one piece. Especially since this and Brexit allow the Europe's mainland to distance itself from English speaking spheres of influence. (since it is separate entity culturally and econimically )

I don't understand why are you so into trade deals. I am pretty sure US doesn't want such a trade deal because it hopes to have a trade deficit in it. In the end trade deals are mostly nothing more than "might makes right".

However those words are probably very good for EU, because Trump's hate towards it might just be the mechanism that it will keep it in one piece. Especially since this and Brexit allow the Europe's mainland to distance itself from English speaking spheres of influence. (since it is separate entity culturally and econimically )
    If there's been one thing which united the EU from its formation it was anti-Americanism, of a soft rather than hard variety mind you but then there wasnt anything like Trump to contend with, Ireland kind of remains as the english speaking outpost within the EU, although the Irish have odd nationalistic tendencies which can be channelled in anti-European ways.

Scotland would really like to remain part of the EU too, it is english speaking too, its pretty much England and the US which oppose the EU and I'm not exactly sure why they do so as vehemently as they do.

The trade agreements thing is something I understand, they arent good things per se, although the UK press has for a long time sold them as always positive because they demonstrate a willingness or need to deal with or do business with as oppose to shun. All of which is a bit bonkers when you think of international affairs and geo-politics, reducing the international order to the sorts of territorial games that street gangs play but that's about the height of it at the minute, I've begun to think its about demographic shifts personally, a lot of younger people coming of age and imagining the world is really like the video games they've grown used to playing.

If there's been one thing which united the EU from its formation it was anti-Americanism, of a soft rather than hard variety mind you but then there wasnt anything like Trump to contend with, Ireland kind of remains as the english speaking outpost within the EU, although the Irish have odd nationalistic tendencies which can be channelled in anti-European ways.

Scotland would really like to remain part of the EU too, it is english speaking too, its pretty much England and the US which oppose the EU and I'm not exactly sure why they do so as vehemently as they do.

The trade agreements thing is something I understand, they arent good things per se, although the UK press has for a long time sold them as always positive because they demonstrate a willingness or need to deal with or do business with as oppose to shun. All of which is a bit bonkers when you think of international affairs and geo-politics, reducing the international order to the sorts of territorial games that street gangs play but that's about the height of it at the minute, I've begun to think its about demographic shifts personally, a lot of younger people coming of age and imagining the world is really like the video games they've grown used to playing.

Ok, when I was saying English speaking world I was mostly thinking at conservatives in Britain and mainstream in USA since I am basically talking about people who prefer open Capitalism. I though this was was obvious. The thing is that because of constant wars and revolutions on our soil mainland Europe has quite different way of looking at the stuff like government, constitution, economy etc. Therefore it suits us if we are not too close because that probably means "cultural spill" into our lands.

However if US and UK make a large trade deal that could make Scotland independant since people there may not be open minded towards American food. Which is a big deal braker to pretty much everyone in he world.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast