User Tag List

First 456

Results 51 to 56 of 56

  1. #51
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni
    Posts
    13,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    The fallacy here is when the well isnt actually poisened. If the well is poisened, its just warning and truth.
    Are you actually trying to lecture me on logic? really...
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."

  2. #52
    Senior Member Ursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    754

    Default

    See below.
    Last edited by Ursa; 01-17-2017 at 08:09 PM.

  3. #53
    deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,696

    Default

    Isn't Maddow a fan of Fidel Castro? Why would leftists support a tyrant like Castro and complain about camps?
    Vi Cit Tecum.

  4. #54
    Classic Grand Admiral Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Posts
    1,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursa View Post
    It was worth reporting, because such reports create the narrative that Trump may be after the media. Whether or not this narrative is true, the media may benefit from increased donations and subscriptions.

    Personally, I am with the media in any case. Trump has made some disconcerting statements, and I am happy to support the media lest he freaks out over its coverage of his administration.
    I agree. He did say some disconcerting things. If he doesn't like Muslims and Mexicans, then the next logical thing is to send them to a camp. I do think he likes Mexicans though. I remember when he took that picture with the taco salad on Cinco de Mayo.

  5. #55
    Classic Grand Admiral Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Posts
    1,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    I think if people continue to practice "my party before my country" mindset, it is a possibility. Laws an amendment rights work because we care but if there were a contadiction between party vs rights/laws i can see the outcome being in favor of the party
    When the Democrats were the majority, they really didn't care about working with the Republicans. "Elections have consequences," Obama said. The liberals only want cooperation when they are in the minority.
    Likes Mal12345, SpankyMcFly, Ursa liked this post

  6. #56
    Senior Member Ursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    No, the only example on the "right" is the example that invokes Godwin's Law, Nazi Germany, the only "rightist" socialist government ever.
    This is false. The right-wing Japanese government during WWII established concentration camps in the Philippines, Singapore and Formosa (Taiwan). The katorga camps were established in the 17th century by right-wing Russia. These camps were mostly to punish those who disagreed with the conservative principles of Russian monarchy. Joseph Stalin was once or twice imprisoned in the katorga for his leftist beliefs, which demonstrates how long the katorga system lasted. Right-wing Britain established concentration camps in South Africa during the Anglo-Boer War (1899–1902.) In fact the term 'concentration camp' originates from this place and period.

    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Posturing as if you have some innate grasp of logic that I don't doesn't cut it.
    You can shove the obvious ad hominem, because it isn't an argument.

    My point was poorly communicated. Many Western governments, under right-wing control, have established concentration camps. I had hoped you knew that, which was my mistake.

    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    I'll assume that you are not intentionally moving goal posts, changing context, and attributing to me statements that I have not made, as political arguments can become heated and it's easy to be careless and "write between the lines" of others' posts, as it were.
    I am an entirely separate person, who also happens to use Ne, who entered this discussion. I may agree with @Lark on some points, but I am in no way beholden to his whole argument. Nor am I beholden to any discussion in its entirety upon entering it. I enter discussions and introduce context where I see fit. I have noticed that Ni-users seem to have difficulty with accepting the natural flux of conversations as others enter and exit. I thought I would bring it up, because in the context of the OP, I thought that even the possibility of camps may be discussed.

    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Well, I wasn't going to go here, but here it is. I cannot speak to the Brexit issues, but with respect to Trump's election, there have been several news stories where people report fake hate crimes by Trump supporters against minorities and even manufacture fake hate crimes along those lines (Black church member charged in ‘Vote Trump’ arson | New York Post feel free to Google for more), and real news stories about hate crimes against Trump supporters, the one in Chicago being only the latest.

    I wasn't going to go here because it's just a deep rabbit hole of accusations and counter-accusations, with no good way to resolve them. Long story short, it becomes difficult to believe the veracity of these stories in either direction. I apologize for even alluding to them.
    I appreciate your apology, but I am afraid that I cannot accept it. I will have to read how this is a deep rabbit hole with supposedly no way out. As far as what I have written, there should be no reason, by way of avoiding a hasty generalization, that several accounts of false accusations negate the entire corpus of other accounts.

    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    You don't know me very well, do you? This kind of moral/pseudo-intellectual posturing won't get you very far. If you have a specific argument to make, make it. If you'd like to defend Lark's point, do so - he certainly hasn't. He's posturing even more than you are.
    What a completely useless statement that contributes nothing to this discussion. As I have said, I am not beholden to anyone's point of view here. There also no reason why I have to create an argument - this is a discussion, and I contribute in the ways in which I want to.

    Know you very well? You have approximately 5,600 posts here, most of which I can read. Your response hasn't changed my mind. Your sarcasm and flippancy have not gone unnoticed, and they are not appreciated.

    EDIT: Someone just pointed out to me that your point was that the Nazis were the only right-wing socialist government. If so, then I misunderstood you, and I apologize.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • :bye:
  • :hi:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink:
  • :(
  • :cry:
  • :mad:
  • :dry:
  • :doh:
  • :huh:
  • :shock:
  • :shrug:
  • :blush:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO