User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Well, the part from 0:40 to 3:15 is "camp material".

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Rachel Maddow doesn't get paid to think.
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee
    Are you seriously saying anyone in a public position (like a journalist or I dunno, a politician) should never make irrational conspiratorial statements or outrageous statements?
    I'm saying that public figures should be aware that their words may have serious consequences. Who knows what or who motivated those 4 Chicagoans to kidnap and torture a handicapped guy for 2 days? Did the demonization of Trump by Hillary and Maddow contribute in any way to that incident?

Do you think your encounter was the first time African Americans have discussed being sent elsewhere (to Africa. Even President Lincoln discussed sending slaves to Central America)? Are you really this ignorant?
    The ignorance is from those who think they can be deported. Americans can not be deported; the fact that they think this is possible is troubling. It means that they either slept through American government class or they received a horrible education.
    Vi Cit Tecum.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    The ignorance is from those who think they can be deported. Americans can not be deported; the fact that they think this is possible is troubling. It means that they either slept through American government class or they received a horrible education.
    Logically an American knows they can't be deported. But world events tell them otherwise. They see that other places have done exactly that to their own citizens (or starve them or exterminate them). And that America has forcibly moved (and starved and killed) its own in the past. I don't know if I should feel sorry for you or not. Or recognize that simplifying the concerns of everyone other than yourself is your coping mechanism.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes jcloudz liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    If she's serious, it's a sign of an irrational, conspiratorial mind. If she's not serious, she should be ashamed for making such an outrageous suggestion. I heard two African Americans jokingly discuss being "sent back" (I assume they mean Africa.) by Trump. I knew they didn't come up with the idea themselves; they must've gotten it from people like Maddow. Maddow and her ilk are scaring the shit out of the safe space crowd.
    No doubt that media has an effect on how people perceive things. In an extreme example, I remember when Alex Jones had people convinced that the government set up "FEMA Concentration Camps" for us all (Alex Jones - List Of All Fema Concentration Camps In... | Facebook). Here's some user comments -

Feta camps are for all civilians that disobey our government and their movements. For example, if you refuse the chip and for what it stands for and deny oath to the N.W.O. guess what you will be going to camp. Once there you will only be allowed to leave dead in a black coffin already created. If you notice the fencing around these camps. Barb wire towards the inside of the camp to keep you from escaping.

I love how gullible the weak are lmao it goes to show that ignorance is the biggest thing this country should fear ! Oh yea f.e.m.a that's right those red t shirt teenage nazis helping all those familys after sandy with food and shelter yea let's stop those evil bastards lol fucking retarts read a book before you start beliving ghost stories dummies

FEMA fucked this page off. Won't load up. FEMA AIN'T GONNA GET ME... HAVE A DABALIOUS DAY ALEX.....

the round up has begun .. arm yourselves
    I posted that second one just cause I thought the "fucking retarts" part was funny. Goign to sleep. Night y'all
    Likes Tellenbach liked this post

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee
    But world events tell them otherwise.
    It's probably Rachel Maddow's fault. I doubt these folks are paying much attention to world events.

Or recognize that simplifying the concerns of everyone other than yourself is your coping mechanism.
    I'm the guy who sees a problem and points it out. You're the one who denies that a problem exists. I think it's a problem when Americans think they can be deported.
    Vi Cit Tecum.

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Admiral Crunch View Post
    It's a question of the extent to which this, a concern about camps, affects her world view and judgement.
    Let me see if I have this straight - you started a thread about Anne Hathaway in order to throw a hissy fit, and now you're questioning a political analyst's judgment? Classic.
    Think.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Let me see if I have this straight - you started a thread about Anne Hathaway in order to throw a hissy fit, and now you're questioning a political analyst's judgment? Classic.
    Thank you for your kind comments.

clas·sic
    ˈklasik/
    adjective
    adjective: classic

1. judged over a period of time to be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind.
    "a classic novel"
    synonyms: definitive, authoritative; More
    outstanding, first-rate, first-class, best, finest, excellent, superior, masterly
    "the classic work on the subject"

noun
    noun: classic; plural noun: classics; plural noun: Classics; noun: Classic

1. a work of art of recognized and established value.
    "his books have become classics"
    synonyms: definitive example, model, epitome, paradigm, exemplar; More

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Admiral Crunch View Post
    Rachel Maddow tries to pass it off as a joke, but might have a legitimate fear of concentration camps. Would this impact her reporting?
    No. This is only surprising if one were not already aware of her bias. I think the sending to a camp part is a joke, but the fear of Trump as a potential fascist dictator is genuine. The irony of it is that she desires a similar level of fascism for the US. See her comments on how America is great because it built things like the Hoover Dam.

Private individuals (working together) build things like that all the time. Look at any city skyline. The primary reason you need the government to work on a dam isn't because it's big, but because damming a river affects everyone/everything along that river, and it must therefore be a public project, not a private one. Proof? Look here: Hoover Dam - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com The project was subject to the politics of seven states. The actual building was done by private contractors, not some sort of government dam-building agency.

Maddow's main talent is to say remarkably ignorant things, but make them sound smart, especially to those who agree with her politics. She takes something that has nothing to do with her political viewpoint and describes it entirely in terms of her political viewpoint. Such behavior would be more obvious to the general public if instead of her political viewpoint, she explained everything in terms of Dungeons and Dragons rules, which would be about as applicable.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    A link to Breitbart. So much for having a serious thread.
    I know "current affairs" right?!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :wink:
  • ;)