User Tag List

Default How current are your current events?

I'm interested, since a lot of the topics here seem fairly niche to me (that's putting it mildly), when was the last time you had a discussion offline on one of the topics you've posted about here online? Do you bring an online discussion offline or vice versa? Or are they just two totally separate spheres with hard boundaries?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'm interested, since a lot of the topics here seem fairly niche to me (that's putting it mildly), when was the last time you had a discussion offline on one of the topics you've posted about here online? Do you bring an online discussion offline or vice versa? Or are they just two totally separate spheres with hard boundaries?
    You sound like Mole right there.

I'm betting that a hefty amount of Americans and British are talking about the same things all over the place lately and that will probably not change for awhile.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    Gone

I check the news websites couple times a day. Anything that sounds opinion as opposed to fact or is missing data i research more or just mentally mark it as "need more data".

I pretty much talk about it the most on here, if its not an easy moral, logic, etc issue with a post...meaning it requires knowledge of topic and not just an abstract view...i research the topic prior to posting for actual data. I dont read for opinion unless i have LOTS of experience with person. External classifications dont mean much to me. I will trust an unknown journalist as much as someone off the street at first.
    Im out, its been fun

Enneagram
    8w9

I read several hours worth of news a day.
    Likes Ursa liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    You sound like Mole right there.

I'm betting that a hefty amount of Americans and British are talking about the same things all over the place lately and that will probably not change for awhile.
    Afraid I dont understand you Ceecee, at least its not my attention to seem like another poster, I'm not trolling or anything, I'm just interested about whether or not the sorts of hotly debated topics and the jargon used in them are a feature of day to day chat or not.

Anyway, there's no implications or attributions or anything like that, if that's what you meant.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Afraid I dont understand you Ceecee, at least its not my attention to seem like another poster, I'm not trolling or anything, I'm just interested about whether or not the sorts of hotly debated topics and the jargon used in them are a feature of day to day chat or not.

Anyway, there's no implications or attributions or anything like that, if that's what you meant.

Don't jump to paranoid conclusions there Lark. You "sounded" like Mole in your OP. That doesn't mean you're trying to be Mole (one is plenty) or trolling or anything else. Yes, I think that the sorts of hotly debated topics and the jargon used in them are a feature of day to day chat or not, at least to some degree.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post

Don't jump to paranoid conclusions there Lark. You "sounded" like Mole in your OP. That doesn't mean you're trying to be Mole (one is plenty) or trolling or anything else. Yes, I think that the sorts of hotly debated topics and the jargon used in them are a feature of day to day chat or not, at least to some degree.
    Its not me that's jumping to conclusions.

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

Current events for me is anticipation of Donald Trump for warm transatlantic relations.

So far he's extended his love for the UK and his distrust for the EU bank and EU federalised system.

The other night I advised my friend to invest into gold when she was telling me about Brexit and saving for the future in £s; I reminded her (my friend) that if you save x. amount of pounds (£), if there is a bad Brexit, the value of her £s she's saved might not be worth as much, and if she was worried about the future, saving £s isn't going to help, but buy gold instead - However, I don't think she took it on board and resolved to plan for the worse by saving in £s.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7

I read the news daily.

Probably the reason that certain topics are visited and re-visited here is because they tend to be hot-button issues. Hot topics are easy to discuss and to debate with others. I really doubt that most people on here want to talk about Uber's expansion into India or China's bad habit of shadow lending.

I keep my offline and online discussions separate - even when the discussions are about the same topic. I don't log off and vent about who posted what and so on.

I'm just interested about whether or not the sorts of hotly debated topics and the jargon used in them are a feature of day to day chat or not.
    Donald Trump, his transition team and Brexit are common topics in my household.

Are there some examples of jargon used here that made you have this question?