User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stefan Molyneux: Cult Leader or Free Thinking Philosopher?

Level 8 Scumlord Array SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    641 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    --they've made up for less than stellar parenting by being great grandparents to my son. So while I often agree with some of Stefan's points on parenting, I might not always agree with his "answers" to such problems.
    That's great! The more 'interested' adults a child has in their life growing up, the better result imo. My daughters are quite well adapted and grounded and a large part of that has to do with the extended family helping to raise them, grand parents, a couple great aunts, a couple great uncles etc.

I've been saying for years that every parent should set aside 1k early on (think 401k) and let it grow for their child. Not for college because not every kid should go to college but so that as young adults they can go get some therapy for a tune up.

EVERYONE is 'distorted' by their parents/caregivers and this has nothing to do with ill intent or abuse. This is a known thing and not really controversial. The process is called socialization. It involves teaching your child that she/he is not a little princess/snowflake and that there are 'others'. Reining in a childs organismic narcissism. It can be one of the more traumatic things humans go through. It's a crucial part of development. Remember that video from Alain de Boton on Love? He talks about it indirectly, saying that we all should have a book of 'crazy' due to distortion.

Door slamming really should be the last option, not the first, or 2nd, even the 3rd.

"From the child of five to myself is but a step. But from the newborn baby to the child of five is an appalling distance." - Leo Tolstoy
    Last edited by SpankyMcFly; 01-12-2017 at 07:32 AM.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Anaximander, Cellmold liked this post

I havent heard of them, some obscure online capitalist guru, arent they a dime a dozen?

Why is it surprising that anyone who supports some idea of a robber baron paradise wouldnt be hot on the idea of family?

It comes as absolutely no surprise to me at all, even if they werent the raging, deranged narcissist that they appear to be anyone that endorses any variety of "anarcho" capitalism is cracked or naive.

Crude & outdated Array Anaximander's Avatar
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I havent heard of them, some obscure online capitalist guru, arent they a dime a dozen?

Why is it surprising that anyone who supports some idea of a robber baron paradise wouldnt be hot on the idea of family?

It comes as absolutely no surprise to me at all, even if they werent the raging, deranged narcissist that they appear to be anyone that endorses any variety of "anarcho" capitalism is cracked or naive.
    Weyland Yutani is your family now

Level 8 Scumlord Array SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    641 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    Weyland Yutani is your family now
    PRE merger

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Anaximander liked this post

Crude & outdated Array Anaximander's Avatar
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    PRE merger

love it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12