User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Even the official story was an far-fetched conspiracy, but obviously not enough for some.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

Both stories, the government's and the conspiracy theorists' are flawed in different ways. I see it as having to take a leap of faith to get to either side of the argument, and once you take that leap you have to ignore any evidence in favor of the opposing argument. That is why I've taken a more moderate stance regarding this issue: The government had been warned, on multiple occasions (with a thorough amount of evidence), about the upcoming attacks, but were either too incompetant to stop it or decided to plead false ignorance. Notice, in both cases, it's the Government's fault for failing to take the necessary measures to prevent the attack.

So, were they truly Stupid, or playing Stupid?

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Ouchie, I can't believe people still throw this stuff out there.

I can't help but read the arguments like this now:

Did you know that apples are red? Bright red? Yah, obviously 9/11 was a lie.

Steel doesn't have to melt to lose structural support,
    *shakes head*
    I never made the claim that steel had to melt to lose structural support. Please refute the claims I made. What I did claim was that pools of melted metal WERE found, and so metal did melt.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Why are there only two theories that people can consider?
    Even in the quote you posted, I only claimed that there are two popular theories. To my knowledge this is true. People can believe whatever they want.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Members Only View Post
    There has not been an 'official' unbiased investigation into 9/11, taking into account all the facts.

Of course, any true investigation is going to be massively hampered, because the US government decided to ship off all the steel from WTC 1, 2, and 7 before any of it could be investigated. Destruction of evidence at the worlds biggest crime scene.
    This is something I was considering bringing up. The government sold the steel immediately, and now no investigation can be made. If I would have brought this up in the original post, I would be willing to bet that 99% of the people in this forum wouldn't even believe that I was telling the truth. Which makes me want to ask, even though comments like "conspiracy theories have been done to death" are very helpful, are my claims lies or are they irrelevant?

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    I personally think the conspiracies are a little disgraceful to the people who died.
    I had a hunch some people might feel this way. I personally think the evidence speaks for itself, and in this way I feel I am fighting for the victims. Does this make sense?

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK1986 View Post
    Oh stop it with the conspiracy theories. Even if the whodunnit is still a mystery, despite Osama blatantly admitting to it, you think the people in the Middle East that want to see the end of all western civilization should be left alive?

Osama has been an asset of the CIA for some time. He has extremely close connections with the Bush family, in fact I do remember reading that our president was face to face with his brother either that morning or evening. I fully believe that if key figures of our government, the president or his men, wanted to contact him after 9/11 they could have. (Remember the hospital incident?) Osama did not blatantly admit to it for quite a while if you recall, and the confession came as an answer to unrest: no evidence had connected Osama to the crime prior to the confession. It isn't unreasonable to consider that a bargain may have been struck, after all, he was never caught. And now nobody is even looking.

Edit: I forgot to answer the second half of your question. The answer is yes, they should be left alive. You do not have the right to take away a man's life because you do not like what he believes. This is the principle behind our first amendment.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    It's important, and my advice to all the "9/11 Truthers" is to come with cold hard logic and tone down the emotion. Basically, the idea that you are all conspiracy theory wackos is what's holding you back. So calm down and only bring up facts, which there are a good number of on your side of this argument. But with the way you present yourselves, no one wants to listen, I don't even want to listen.
    I don't think that I'm ranting or raving, I think that there are a number of valid points that have been raised. And at this point I've been groundlessly discredited about five times, and my points have not been adressed at all. Is my emotion really the problem here?

Hey Into It, it would be easier to just use the Multiquote feature to get all of the people's quotes that you are responding to into 1 post. The button right next to the "Quote" button is the Multiquote button, you click it for each post that you want to quote and then you click the Normal Quote button for the final post you want to quote and it will take all of the quotes into 1 post for you. It will make things alot easier and easier to read

Oberon

With regard to melted steel, the kinetic energy released by the buildings collapsing would have been more than enough to heat steel above the melting point.

You can heat up a nail by beating it with a hammer. Now drop one of the tallest buildings in the world on it... it's not difficult to make the logical connection.