User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Members Only View Post
    Not really.

There is cause beyond, "Kill the Jews!" Of course we all wish it could be that simple - to absolve our own nations of any blame.
    It's the conflict over Israel and the fact that we're there in the MidEast helping them. Osama doesn't like us there. He blew up our towers.

The end.

Whack him and every other insane evil Middle Easterner.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

People don't have to be so negative toward the OP. It was thoughtfully and tactfully done.

No one on this site can prove anything, just like no one can really disprove anything. If he wants to discuss it, let him have at it, and stay out if you're going to be condescending.

I don't know what happened, but it's not like there's not enough evidence to say he's crazy for thinking these things.

Be mature about it.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ESFJ

Yes, yes it is. It's very important. They have to answer for 2,900+ counts of murder.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

It's important, and my advice to all the "9/11 Truthers" is to come with cold hard logic and tone down the emotion. Basically, the idea that you are all conspiracy theory wackos is what's holding you back. So calm down and only bring up facts, which there are a good number of on your side of this argument. But with the way you present yourselves, no one wants to listen, I don't even want to listen.

MBTI
    INFP

I get a little sick of the (predominantly leftist) tendency to attempt to exonerate murderers by blaming the West/president/Christianity/right/parents. I dunno if it's an attempt to explain away the moral evil in the world, or an attempt to befriend and placate it. It's just so predictable. Is it important who is responsible for 9/11? Is it important who is responsible for any crime? If you want to walk down the street with any degree of safety, then yes it is.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

It's important to me. Vegas odds on it being GW are currently 4.1:1. I'm already in for $50.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    People don't have to be so negative toward the OP. It was thoughtfully and tactfully done.

No one on this site can prove anything, just like no one can really disprove anything. If he wants to discuss it, let him have at it, and stay out if you're going to be condescending.

I don't know what happened, but it's not like there's not enough evidence to say he's crazy for thinking these things.

Be mature about it.
    Yeah, and holocaust deniers are harmless skeptics. People who advocate conspiracy theories of this type do so either to spread some form of prejudice or else are so caught up in their own prejudice that they can't see how stupid they are being. These conspiracy theories are no different from the rumors that all Jewish WTC employees stayed home on 9/11, except thoughtless anti-Americanism is considered to be perfectly acceptable by so many people. :rolli:

MBTI
    INTP

People who are "anti-conspiracy theory" in general are being just as, if not more, illogical than the supporters of the most far out conspiracy theories.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    People who are "anti-conspiracy theory" in general are being just as, if not more, illogical than the supporters of the most far out conspiracy theories.
    There are so many scenarios where this statement is not true that it's worthless.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    There are so many scenarios where this statement is not true that it's worthless.
    Could you be a little less vague on this? Maybe you misunderstood it. I'm talking about people who will disbelieve a conspiracy theory, just for the fact that it's a conspiracy theory.