User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is your political leaning?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Independent

8 32.00%
  • Democrat

11 44.00%
  • Republican

2 8.00%
  • Other

4 16.00%
First 1234 Last

Thread: Election issues

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Why's that?

Because you asked a hopeless question, which would be appropriately dealt with by the objective white light that is me?
    What makes it a hopeless question?

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm independent, but I won't decide the presidential election, because McCain will win Texas regardless of who I vote for.

Also, Chet Edwards will likely be re-elected to Congress without my vote, because he's extremely good at fooling people into thinking he's a conservative.

I would say probably being pro-life is my top issue, not that I think much will be done on that issue, just that I find it hard to support anyone who doesn't support the most basic of rights. Beyond that, the main issue to me is the bloated unmanageable federal government being reigned in from its current status as the big Santa Claus in the sky who crashes his sled more often than actually delivering the presents.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Beyond that, the main issue to me is the bloated unmanageable federal government being reigned in from its current status as the big Santa Claus in the sky who crashes his sled more often than actually delivering the presents.
    So you don't like the Big Santa Claus in the sky, or you don't like that he does not deliver the presents?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    So you don't like the Big Santa Claus in the sky, or you don't like that he does not deliver the presents?
    Don't like the Santa, because unlike the REAL Santa, he doesn't make his toys with elfin magic, he steals money from the people to fund his malfunctioning assembly line.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Being in the military, I do care about what aspects politicians take on the war efforts, and I care about National Security, illegal immigration, and the economy, though the latter I will admit I know little about what will solve it.. I DO know that a 300$ relief check to try and stimulate the economy isn't going to solve anything.

Closer to home, I want to know about their plans on crime fighting, education (Im VERY big on education), and I'm always looking at new ideas people come up with to help out the community in general.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I chose "Independent", but I think George W Bush might have converted me to Democrat semi-permanently. It just feels so good to vote against Bush, that I want to do it over and over again. Maybe after a decade or two I'll get over it and vote Republican.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I chose "Independent", but I think George W Bush might have converted me to Republican semi-permanently. It just feels so good to vote for Bush, that I want to do it over and over again. Maybe after a decade or two I'll get over it and vote Democrat.
    Well said.

MBTI
    INTP

I'm not a Bush fan myself, but I then I would never have been a Republican.

What specifically is it that Bush did to turn you off?

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    I'm not a Bush fan myself, but I then I would never have been a Republican.

What specifically is it that Bush did to turn you off?
    In a word: everything. Most of the stuff that I don't like though really has little to do with party ideology. Here's a few things off of the top of my head.

Let Enron set our energy policy
    Ignored the report that Bin Laden was determined to attack the US
    Invaded Iraq-not only was this pointless but it took forces away from pursuing Al Queada
    Poor response to Katrina
    Torture- some cases weren't even directly related to interrogation. Also this violates Geneva conventions.
    Extreme tax cuts for wealthy individuals while ignoring everyone else and corporate rates.
    Spending money like crazy and dramatically increasing our national debt
    Ignoring issues like health costs, rising energy demands, global warming etc.... I think a president can have a conservative approach to these issues and still come up with a solution. He didn't even try.
    His approach to diplomacy made us lose a lot of goodwill with other nations
    In general he is an embarassment. He can't even put a coherent sentence together.

There are a couple other issues where I lean Democratic, and I don't like what he has done there either, but my biggest problems with him have little to do with party ideology. He's simply a horrible president.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Extreme tax cuts for wealthy individuals while ignoring everyone else and corporate rates.
    Only if you consider everyone who pays taxes to be wealthy, because everyone who pays income taxes got a tax cut. Additionally, anyone with children got a tax cut. Plus there have been two "stimulus" payouts to anyone who pays income taxes, in fact the second one went to anyone who filed a tax return period who wasn't above a certain income level, so the truly wealthy didn't receive anything from that.

Most of the rest of that is just opinion, so all I can say is I disagree, but the tax part is factually untrue, again, unless you consider all income tax payers to be wealthy.