User Tag List

First 132532582622630631632633634642 Last

Results 6,311 to 6,320 of 6506

MBTI
    FREE

It is always fascinating to observe /r/Conservative after some alleged scandal involving a conservative/Republican. There is a gradual shifting of the narrative from dismay to skepticism to whataboutism to outright accusations of fabrication from the sources. We've gotten to the latter part of the transformation now regarding the honorable Judge from Alabama. These are now the trending posts regarding the supposed scandal:

MARK LEVIN Exposes WaPo Hit Piece on Judge Moore As Complete Fabrication
    Two More Massage Therapists Accuse Al Gore of Sexual Assault - Business Insider

MBTI
    FREE

"Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections. I believe Leigh Corfman. Her account is too serious to ignore. Moore is unfit for office and should step aside," Romney said, backing the testimony of Corfman, now 53.

I think this is probably the correct approach. You could argue that this will open the door to false accusations being directed at everyone, but I think we cross that bridge if/when we come to it. Because that's always going to be the fear. "If I let some accusation color my opinion of this potential elected official, then I open the door to these terrible women accusing everyone of everything." But the thing is, if that happens then these accusations will be meaningless unless we establish a robust framework for assessing the validity of these claims going forward. Like, oh, everyone on the ballot in every state is being accused of rape. I really doubt that will happen.

It's not a coincidence that Bill O'Reilly was ousted due to allegations of sexual misconduct and Sean Hannity has not been, or that Bill Clinton had multiple accusers and Barack Obama hasn't (as far as I know). It's as if there is something fundamentally different between these people... Maybe women, for the most part, just maybe, generally don't make shit up just to slander people?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Let Go Of Your Team Zarathustra's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

@Jonny

What are your thoughts on the girl who brought the legal case against Trump (that he allegedly raped her at one of Epstein's sex parties [?] when she was 13 [?]) during the campaign, but then dropped it, supposedly due to threats from nefarious parties related to Trump?

The Justice Fighter

INTJ - 6w5 8dw 3w4 sx/so - Neutral Good

"I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

Washington (CNN)Former White House national security adviser Mike Flynn and his son are alleged to have been offered as much as $15 million to forcibly remove from the US a Muslim cleric wanted by Turkey, The Wall Street Journal reports.

WSJ: Mueller probes Flynn role in plot to deliver cleric to Turkey - CNNPolitics

Mueller's smart and experienced. Follow the money trail.
    Likes Survive & Stay Free liked this post

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    @Jonny

What are your thoughts on the girl who brought the legal case against Trump that he allegedly raped her at one of Epstein's parties (?) when she was 13 (?) during the campaign, but then dropped it, supposedly due to threats from nefarious parties related to Trump?
    So, as I mentioned to you earlier, recently a person living in my apartment building tried to break into my apartment at night, and when I fled he assaulted me. He did so again the next day when I returned home. He has some sort of drug problem/mental issues/paranoia. Seemed to have me on his radar as a target for some reason. I had to think long and hard about whether I wanted to press charges against him, because I feared that if I did I would always be on his radar and would be at greater risk in the future. In some ways, I would just prefer he forget I existed, other people be damned so long as he doesn't focus on me anymore.

That experience gave me a unique perspective into the fear some victims may experience. So, to answer your question, I could very much believe that this woman dropped her accusation out of fear. Absolutely. It certainly could be colored to look like she's a lying sociopath, a paid shill, etc. That's also possible. But, I'd ultimately have to look at the evidence surrounding her accusations to get a clearer picture of the situation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Likes Magic Poriferan, Amargith liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Washington (CNN)Former White House national security adviser Mike Flynn and his son are alleged to have been offered as much as $15 million to forcibly remove from the US a Muslim cleric wanted by Turkey, The Wall Street Journal reports.

WSJ: Mueller probes Flynn role in plot to deliver cleric to Turkey - CNNPolitics
    Erdogan is obsessed with Gülen and his followers.

Most European countries are squarely opposed to his jailing hundreds and thousands of journalists, academics, etc for suspected "terrorism". Turkey sometimes arrests innocent tourists with dual citizenship (Turkish-German) with such charges to use them as leverage. By now people are scared to vacation in Turkey because there is a serious risk of getting arrested. If you are only a German citizen, the embassy might be able to help, but if you are a journalist or human rights activist with dual citizenship, Turkey will treat you as a Turkish national and only a Turkish national and let you rot in prison.

Gülen is different in that he was once a companion of Erdogan before they parted their ways.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Let Go Of Your Team Zarathustra's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    That experience gave me a unique perspective into the fear some victims may experience. So, to answer your question, I could very much believe that this woman dropped her accusation out of fear. Absolutely. It certainly could be colored to look like she's a lying sociopath, a paid shill, etc. That's also possible. But, I'd ultimately have to look at the evidence surrounding her accusations to get a clearer picture of the situation.
    Yeah, I found the case extremely disturbing during the campaign, and was a bit surprised how little airtime it got, but when she dropped her second suit in NY (the first was in CA, and was thrown out by the judge due to some procedural issue, I believe), and some more coverage came out, it looked like one of the people she was involved with was some shady character who has supposedly previously brought false accusations in court against politicians to whom he was opposed.

The coverage was all a bit hush hush, and there was not really enough out there to get a confident sense of what the truth was.

And what is so disturbing about the case is that it's basically binary - either it's true, and what happened was terrible, and Trump is the worst sort of monster, or it's false, and super sketchy and shady in its own right.
    The Justice Fighter

INTJ - 6w5 8dw 3w4 sx/so - Neutral Good

"I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

Aha! So that's where the info came from for Manafort. *sticks a fork into Manafort*

Let's hope he or Gates can be turned since their loyalty resides with money or other forms of currency like prison sentencing terms.

Manafort charges grew out of records seized in 'no-knock' raid

Mueller’s '''no-knock''' raid yielded key evidence against Manafort

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Report: Senate Panel Approves Trump Judicial Nominee who has Never Tried a Case

Has never argued a motion, let alone brought a case in his 3 years of experience. Enjoy your new federal judge, Alabama.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.