User Tag List

First 9101112132161111511 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Petraeus will have to notify his probation officer if Trump taps him as secretary of state

Petraeus hasn't been chosen just yet. Let's suppose he is. This is a guy who was actually convicted for sharing classified information, and he'd be secretary of state, the very position Clinton occupied when she did all of those supposedly bad things with her classified E-mail for which should be locked-up.
    While Petraeus is a better choice than either Mitt or Rudy, I don't think the mishandling of classified documents matters even slightly to Trump. But he's going to be real sorry if he doesn't pick John Bolton. The feeling I get is that his closest advisors do not want someone who would probably tell them to go fuck themselves - which John Bolton would do. And I doubt the minister of propaganda wants someone threatening his alpha male position either.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Bolton would not be a good choice IMO. Neocons ran this country into the ground enough.
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by ZNP-TBA View Post
    Bolton would not be a good choice IMO. Neocons ran this country into the ground enough.
    Do you know him? Have you ever met him or looked at his resume? I have. We need a take no shit, experienced diplomat in this position. Not Mitt, not Rudy (that's hilarious and stupid) and not someone that is still on probation. He isn't and has never been a congressman or senator so I'm not sure how you think he ran the country into the ground.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Do you know him? Have you ever met him or looked at his resume? I have. We need a take no shit, experienced diplomat in this position. Not Mitt, not Rudy (that's hilarious and stupid) and not someone that is still on probation. He isn't and has never been a congressman or senator so I'm not sure how you think he ran the country into the ground.
    As ambassador he was extremely hawkish and pushed forward the Neocon agenda. I like the no-nonsense personality but I question his motives.
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    Ugly campaign election aside, Trump has a lot more potential over Hillary. With another Dem in office we were going to see more deficit spending, more sidelining of jobs for the global warming agenda (whether it's real or not, clean energy isn't advanced enough to replace the need for oil, gas, and coal), and trade agreements that increase the wealth of foreign nations over the US (though with the upside of better foreign relationships).

But Trump has the opportunity to reduce government and its many programs that we can't afford (or make them affordable), balance the budget, and increase the manufacturing infrastructure of the US to be less dependent on foreign nations for resources and production. The downside is our production won't match the output of say China that can utilize sweat-shops and zero quality control (so we will have more expensive, but quality products), our foreign relations are probably going to become worsened, abortion rights are probably going to go out the window to some extent, and maybe the LGBT community will be hurt, but hopefully Trump won't mess with that too much. Trump was Liberal for most of his life and I don't think he's the hate-monger people made him out to be during the election. It seems to have been a strategy to get the right riled up, while undermining the rhetoric of the Left, which seems to have worked well enough. So maybe the LGBT community will be pleasantly surprised, even if they will always hate Trump for being a Conservative.

His cabinet does seem to be pretty right-leaning though and some of them hated Trump (such as Romney), which is kind of weird. Wonder what he's thinking there. Maybe he just wants to bring the Republicans together to help the party though. He did kind of make a lot of Republican enemies during his election, as counter-intuitive as that sounds for him running as a Republican. If I were him, that'd be the first thing I'd do too and get something going first. Then I'd try and mend any major issues between the Democrats and Republicans. So I hope he does that and becomes a Liberal Republican President. But clearly I'm being optimistic.
    This is pretty much how I see it. I don't think Trump himself is much of a hate-monger, but he knows how to use hate (or anything) to his benefit. He is an opportunist. Not a moralist. More like he is willing to throw some crumbs in the form of appointments (Bannon) to that white nationalist subset since they helped him. Which deserves a watchful eye, IMO.

While I think it would be great to see him bring back manufacturing jobs, I'm not sure how plausible it will be. This will take a long time to reverse and Americans, for all their talk, like cheap goods.

Unless wages rise for the middle class (and this has been stagnant due to neocon/neolib policy) manufacturing jobs won't come back.

So his opening of business restrictions may do this - if the business invest in the US. So, it's a matter of good faith and putting incentive at home.

@ZNP-TBA, care to add any info you know of Trumps plans here? I know he wants Dodd-Frank amended/repealed.

I haven't heard what provisions in that he would like to change. I can only assume the parts that hold NBFI's to the same standards?

Again, he isn't in office yet and I hope he lays out some definitives. Although it's Trump and I'm not holding my breath there.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance
    Likes Little_Sticks liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

@MDP2525 , let me ask you this first; does Trump have any reasonable 'pass' criteria for you? In other words, is there something he can do which would gain your approval, and even your vote for reelection? And if so, what is it?

Isn't Bolton "let's invade Iran" kind of a guy ?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    Isn't Bolton "let's invade Iran" kind of a guy ?
    Well yes but I'm not suppose to be judging anyone based on the things they say. That's what the Trump people tell me. This job isn't a first time buyer kind of thing. You put the most experienced person you have in that role. And sorry, no one they have thrown out so far has any, save Petraeus. Mitt, Rudy, Newt....fucking please. That's almost as stupid as Sarah Palin as the VA Secretary.

Well yes but I'm not suppose to be judging anyone based on the things they say. That's what the Trump people tell me. This job isn't a first time buyer kind of thing. You put the most experienced person you have in that role. And sorry, no one they have thrown out so far has any, save Petraeus. Mitt, Rudy, Newt....fucking please. That's almost as stupid as Sarah Palin as the VA Secretary.

I can agree that a new guy has to be an expert since this is too important, however I would try to avoid the most hawkish guy on the table. The new guy that comes should be peacemaker for a number of reasons:

1. USA needs to smooth it's problems with most countries in order that a part of military budget is rerouted to education, infrastructure, research or something else that will bring social benefits.

2. Government is already at the edge of bankruptcy and can't really afford another large war. (and war with Iran that supplies China with oil is exactly that)

3. Most of the world is so annoyed with the USA that if USA causes another Iraq/Syria chaos the people might decided to stop buying American products completely, as many already did in Bush era. But this time it will more serious/systematic and would cause immidiete economic collapse.

Some humility and introspection wouldn't hurt.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    I can agree that a new guy has to be an expert since this is too important, however I would try to avoid the most hawkish guy on the table. The new guy that comes should be peacemaker for a number of reasons:

1. USA needs to smooth it's problems with most countries in order that a part of military budget is rerouted to education, infrastructure, research or something else that will bring social benefits.

2. Government is already at the edge of bankruptcy and can't really afford another large war. (and war with Iran that supplies China with oil is exactly that)

3. Most of the world is so annoyed with the USA that if USA causes another Iraq/Syria chaos the people might decided to stop buying American products completely, as many already did in Bush era. But this time it will more serious/systematic and would cause immidiete economic collapse.

Some humility and introspection wouldn't hurt.
    I don't believe that person exists. And diplomacy = pussy in Trump America. Because that's what we've had for some time and no one wants to hear it anymore.