User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 37

  1. #21
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    85% sure, not 100%. And with that case you are referring to, no innocence was proven. It's not like the alleged victims took back what they said, they still assert it happened.
    That's a pretty low bar for conviction. I'm glad it's not the standard.

  2. #22
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    That's a pretty low bar for conviction. I'm glad it's not the standard.
    I'm not saying it should be.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Then what are you saying?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  4. #24
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Then what are you saying?
    I expected the case Ivy posted to be about a wrongful trial, were the alleged perpetrator turned out to be innocent. I was just pointing out that that case is still under controversy that's all.

  5. #25
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    There's no way to prove innocence when the children were, in many cases, led to their allegations by heavy suggestion. One of the mothers kept after her son for five months until he said something happened to him. Today, investigators have ways to ask children about their experiences without leading them to certain conclusions, but there's no way of knowing if professional investigators are the first to question a child in a case like this.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  6. #26
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    There's no way to prove innocence when the children were, in many cases, led to their allegations by heavy suggestion. One of the mothers kept after her son for five months until he said something happened to him. Today, investigators have ways to ask children about their experiences without leading them to certain conclusions, but there's no way of knowing if professional investigators are the first to question a child in a case like this.
    Hey that's true. But how many children made the accusation? The more children making allegations, the more damning.

  7. #27
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Hey that's true. But how many children made the accusation? The more children making allegations, the more damning.
    Are you sure you're an INTP?

  8. #28
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    THE "FELLS ACRE" RITUAL ABUSE CASE

    At least 40 children made allegations. Many after at first saying that they liked school and wanted to go back, which led investigators to conclude that they just weren't ready to disclose what had happened to them. After being questioned numerous times and asked "Did X happen to you?" they started to say "Oh yeah, and all this other stuff, too."

    To put this into perspective, here's a list of what the children said happened to them:

    * sodomized.
    * forced to engage in fellatio.
    * Attacked by a green, yellow and silver robot with flashing lights like R2D2 from "Star Wars" who would bite them on the arm if they didn't submit to sexual attacks.
    * Molested by a clown who "threw fire around the room."
    * Abused by lobsters.
    * Tied to a tree naked and upside down in full sight of the teachers and other children while "Miss Cheryl" cut the leg off a squirrel
    * Watched a baby murdered and a dog killed
    * Forced to eat a dead frog
    * Forced to lick ice cream off of the trunk of an elephant
    * Chased around the school yard naked in the presence of others.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  9. #29
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Hey that's true. But how many children made the accusation? The more children making allegations, the more damning.
    Really?

    McMartin preschool trial - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  10. #30
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    THE "FELLS ACRE" RITUAL ABUSE CASE

    At least 40 children made allegations. Many after at first saying that they liked school and wanted to go back, which led investigators to conclude that they just weren't ready to disclose what had happened to them. After being questioned numerous times and asked "Did X happen to you?" they started to say "Oh yeah, and all this other stuff, too."

    To put this into perspective, here's a list of what the children said happened to them:

    * sodomized.
    * forced to engage in fellatio.
    * Attacked by a green, yellow and silver robot with flashing lights like R2D2 from "Star Wars" who would bite them on the arm if they didn't submit to sexual attacks.
    * Molested by a clown who "threw fire around the room."
    * Abused by lobsters.
    * Tied to a tree naked and upside down in full sight of the teachers and other children while "Miss Cheryl" cut the leg off a squirrel
    * Watched a baby murdered and a dog killed
    * Forced to eat a dead frog
    * Forced to lick ice cream off of the trunk of an elephant
    * Chased around the school yard naked in the presence of others.
    Wow that's so odd, I'd like to know how the conversations went when the children were being questioned. Was he feeding LSD to the kids or something?

Similar Threads

  1. The FBI's child porn website
    By LovecraftianMonstrosity in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 10-05-2016, 07:38 PM
  2. Face of Subway Pleads Guilty on Child Porn/Sex Acts
    By Totenkindly in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 08-22-2015, 01:50 AM
  3. Dreamboard Child Porn Ring Arrests
    By MacGuffin in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 08-05-2011, 03:31 PM
  4. [ENTP] ENTP psych(o) USMLE in Los Angeles - looking for friends and for a job :-))
    By Spirited_Away in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 02:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO