User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Default How much are you going to make this week?

Stocks head for rally on word of gov't rescue plan: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance

So far, this week has been awesome, two huge drops on Monday and Wednesday, followed by a recovery yesterday and another rally likely today. I'm sure there are people on this forum with better stories than mine. But I stand to make $1000-$1700 this week (depending on how Friday plays out), with only ~$10,000 invested. What I wouldn't do to have 100 times that amount invested right now...
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Banned
    MBTI
    type

That's excellent news. I'm usually a bit late to the party on current events, so this is the first I'm hearing about it. My mom will likely be pleased, as she has some kind of stock portfolio and was previously a little frustrated with the market.

MBTI
    enfp

u a futures trader too? lol

im up approx 30% this week... best day was +18% on the day the fed didn't cut rates on tuesday... fed fund traders got smoked that day tho...

im playing light today tho... wonder if the dow will follow the dow futures today at the open quickly or delayed... ryder cup baby! woo hoo~

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Nope, been trading some financials, though. I bought a bunch of BK before close yesterday, at ~$31. It opened at ~$38. Now the question is, do I sell now or hold on to it for a while. I'm tempted to take my money and run.

Edit: Just sold a bunch of CAT that I bought earlier this week for ~$61. It opened at $71, sold for $72.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    enfp

^ Nice... today is gonna be your day if you are net long financials... depends if you want to wait on the risk of what paulson says in a little bit...

wanted to short the 30 year and long the S&P today, but i was too chicken. lol... would have gained 30% just today if i did... bleh.

Long the euro right now though. im up, gonna ride it out though see where it goes...

bk??? do they have ties to the new york fed more than other banks?? lol if they do then its hella funny u are complaining about the fed... lol

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I have class in 5 minutes. I'm tempted to skip it.

I'm philosophically opposed to just about everything that's going on right now. But they make the rules, not me. I have to play their game. I knew the Fed was going to bail out the financials. They can't help themselves. I might as well get my piece. I'm paying for it on the other end, anyway.

MBTI
    enfp

^ what paulson says is gonna be huge, he's gonna come out in any second... u can skip what bush will say in 45 minutes tho... lol

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Edit: Just sold a bunch of CAT that I bought earlier this week for ~$61. It opened at $71, sold for $72.
    Smart play. My mom, an ISTJ, does things...Completely differently, LOL.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I put in a limit order on BK for $37 for while I was in class. I'm glad I did that...it's down to ~$33 now.

Edit: I'm doing slightly better than I expected. Made about $600 on BK (oh how I wish I had more cash yesterday) and about $1200 on CAT.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I'm usually a pretty conservative investor, but I've been more ambitious this week than I ever have before. Now, if I really had some balls, I'd starting shorting oil futures right now. But I'm not playing with house money (yet) and I just don't have the guts to do it.

This was all quite an adrenaline rush. I think I might have found a new obsession.