User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I prefer that the disillusioned stay that way in the short-term, rather than believe in someone/something without substance. Plenty of people in America are rather ignorant of politics, but inherently skeptical of them. Their instincts aren't wrong.
    Yeah, you're right.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Yes they are both bullshit, this game has gone on and on, about left vs. right and vice-versa for decades, and the masses keep buying into it, neither candidate will do a damn thing to bring change, and it never matters which one gets into office, the president does what they're told by the upper oligarchy, its past time for a second American Revolution, with physical FORCE- there is no political savior coming, this system of the left/right paradigm was designed to make the people THINK they had a choice and that they had POWER , America is about to collapse and see the real rulers reveal themselves...the Military Industrial Complex, they can manipulate and pump up Wall Street for only so long but the house of cards is about to crash, its so hopeless to see people argue over "this one is going to do that" and the opposing people say "no- but mine is going to do this", get your mind away from the LEFT/RIGHT mentality , it is how the lying elites rule your miserable lives!

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Vote for the lesser of two evils.

Unless you really just can't take the time to vote, it doesn't really cost you anything. No one other than Obama and McCain stand a chance to win. Voting for them will not suddenly remove your ability to form independent thoughts or contest the two party system, etc.. And surely you think that one of them is at least a little better than the other. So be pragmatic, and vote for that one.

And I don't want to hear any crap about the "symbolism" of not voting. No one is going to notice, or if they did, they wouldn't care.
    Last edited by Magic Poriferan; 09-20-2008 at 01:32 PM. Reason: embarrassing, crucial typos
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Vote for the lesser of two evils.

Unless you really just can't take the time to vote, it doesn't really cost you anything. No one other than Obama and McCain stand a chance to win. Voting for them will suddenly remove your ability form independent thoughts are contest the two party system, etc.. And surely you think that one of them is at least a little better than the other. So be pragmatic, and vote for that one.

And I don't want to hear any crap about the "symbolism" of not voting. No one is going to notice, or if they did, they wouldn't care.

Yes, but his point was that by voting you are not doing anything and you make it possibe to have same situation after four years once again.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Yes, but his point was that by voting you are not doing anything and you make it possibe to have same situation after four years once again.
    Hardly an excellent strategic argument though, if you want to get down to the nuts and bolts of it. Cultural or violent revolution may change things, but simply not voting has little value. A large scale voting strike could induce a revolution, perhaps, but I don't think that's what the topic of discussion is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Hardly an excellent strategic argument though, if you want to get down to the nuts and bolts of it. Cultural or violent revolution may change things, but simply not voting has little value. A large scale voting strike could induce a revolution, perhaps, but I don't think that's what the topic of discussion is.
    I have posted that because I don't want to write entire essay about: what is, what should be, were are actual problems and how to solve them.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Yes, but his point was that by voting you are not doing anything
    You are wrong. A key point here is that I am doing something. It may be of extremely small potential benefit, but it's still something. Since the cost is zero, it doesn't matter that the benefit is small. It still rounds out to a cost/benefit gain advantage.

and you make it possibe to have same situation after four years once again.
    How do I make it possible? The same thing would happen if I didn't vote, it would just be slightly more out of my hands.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    You are wrong. A key point here is that I am doing something. It may be of extremely small potential benefit, but it's still something. Since the cost is zero, it doesn't matter that the benefit is small. It still rounds out to a cost/benefit gain advantage.

How do I make it possible? The same thing would happen if I didn't vote, it would just be slightly more out of my hands.

I think this way.

1. You are not doing anything because you are voting for people that don't make big decisions

2.True, but your way of thinking is common and provides fuel for the game.

I don't consider myself to be anti-democratic,actually quite the opposite.

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

Since we're at it, something by Mencken : Last Words by H.L. Mencken
    The answer must be in the attempt
    avy url : natgeocreative Photo

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I encourage, and even implore you all to not vote, and to tell your friends not to either.

If we really want change, we're not going to get it by electing anyone who would run.