6 24.00%
  • I am European and I am against

6 24.00%
  • I am not European and I am for it

1 4.00%
  • I am not European and I am against it

12 48.00%
First 12345 Last

I have waited just to see what kind of relpys will I get.

I think geoff is hiting the point here.
    Also I want to say that the idea is starting to work even on Balkans.

As somone once said the purpose of European Union is actally to give independence to european people.

This seem like a paradox but it is not, beacuse in the case when Europe is build of tiny peaces all major decisions are made in Washington or Moscow.
    History speak for itself.

I don't see why someone would say EU can't function as one nation.

I say that because EU is functioning as one body already.

No borders , common currency , parliament and pretty much everybody know English so they can talk to each other.
    And as we speak same language it is unavoidable that national pride starts to lose itself with time. You can already see the process at work.

Plus constitution and army are on the way.

Someone could even say that European parliament is more democratic the the one in USA because it has more political options in it.
    There are even options that are against EU in it , what will be hard ot imagine in US Congress or in other parliament.

The larger member states are helping smaller members because that greatly helps in creating the strong block on the long run.

Now question for non Europeans that are against the project.

You are against because it is wrong to destroy so many nations or you are afraid that block will become too strong or you just don't like Europe?

I mean GDP of EU-27 is already bigger then GDP of USA.
    That overpowering USA part was not ment in militaristic way.
    Since USA is state like any other it can't spread without conflict.
    While EU is "annexing" countries all the time.
    By overpowering I mean on political strenght and economy.
    But that would probably lead to military superiority as well.

If it is not obvious I am for the idea of USE.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Modern governments certainly have been characterised by greater centralization. And in many ways that trend continues, with the rise of supranational organizations and governments. But at the same, the trend is also towards greater decentralization - as we saw recently in Spain as one example.

Decentralism is a major element of many aspects of Postmodern political theory.
    Sorry, I was talking about anarchism, my mind did a better job than my fingers as usual.

I have great affection for that kind of decentralized federalism as long as it doesn't get out of hand and create civil war. Varied laws are good, for many reasons.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

When we have annexed the US, I will firstly steal the idea of making a good hotdog from you.

I just tried it again and I do not get it right... I do not find the right sausages, the onions just do not taste real and I really have no clue what sauces I need....

Kinda frustrating, will annex some pizza now
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    When we have annexed the US, I will firstly steal the idea of making a good hotdog from you.

I just tried it again and I do not get it right... I do not find the right sausages, the onions just do not taste real and I really have no clue what sauces I need....

The secret is: Going to the store and buying hot dogs. (and mustard and sweet relish.) Delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post

Yeap that is what we will be need for sure.

But, if the trends like in the last 10 years continue there will be new superstate on the world map. What is not very unlikely outcome.

Now question for non Europeans that are against the project.

You are against because it is wrong to destroy so many nations or you are afraid that block will become too strong or you just don't like Europe?
    Can at least someone answer this question?
    Alot of people have voted for option 4 I am sure that all off you can say something about why you have voted this way.

MBTI
    xNTJ

I'll bite.

1.) I'm not too keen on any nation state the involves combining multiple nations. It's a slippery slope that leads us to the futuristic concept of "President of Earth."

2.) I don't like the concept of other states surrendering their nationalism and their culture. Right now, French are different from Germans are different from Portugese... However, these cultures could easily become bastardized, misunderstood, and viewed as one lump sum. (For example, I'm old south. My family is culturally different than a family who has roots in Chicago. We are culturally different. Not so culturally different that we cannot communicate, but different enough that it can cause communication confusion. However, because we're both American families, the expectation of the greater world view is that we are culturally the same.)

3.) I don't like the idea of the block becoming too strong, as some people already like or dread the concept of MexiCanaMerica. I'd hate to see us end up in a North American Union and losing our cultural identities and our sovereignty.

An independent nation should remain sovereign over itself and its own affairs. I hate the idea of giving that up, more so than we already have.

These are in no particular order.
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

Hmm... you are totally opposite of me when it come to this things.

If EU actually becomes what it plans, I think that North American Union will not be enough to solve your problems.
    If that union will be ever created about 80% of union power would be in USA so that would not create so big difference and there will be no one to join next in N.America.
    By doing this balance would become more balanced but in that case EU will continue to spread for sure.
    10 countries have some treatys with the EU that they will join with time and GDP of EU is already bigger then GDP of US.
    Just in the last 4 years population of the EU has gone up for 150 million.
    What is 50% of USA population.

What brings us to idea that EU is cheating.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

This is all moot because Europeans are dying off. They'll soon be extinct.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Lateralus you have no idea how much I have waited this argument to show in this thread.

But it is 0:30 over here so I will answer tomorrow.