User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Probably. It's all cyclic. Whoever happens to be president will be loved (through no merit of their own, whatsoever).
    If Obama wins the election, he'll be lauded as the savior of the economy (if this happens). It's nothing more than dumb luck, just like what happened with Clinton.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    xNTJ

Gosh, Lat, of *course* Obama is the savior.

Didn't you see the Daily Show intro where he parts the Red Sea and takes down Goliath? </sarcasm>
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

MBTI
    ENTJ

Obama may not be a savior--but I'll certainly take him over McSame.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

My bargain hunting comment may have been misinterpreted by a lot of people. I don't mean that I'm going to start shopping at dollar stores. What I mean is, stocks are cheaper, so it's getting easier to find undervalued stocks.

Edit: The Dow recovered 140 points today. I was hoping the market decline would continue. Oh well, there's always tomorrow!
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    We're screwed... and we're taking the world with us.
    lol Not necessarily, but the old ways aren't as effective as everyone would like to believe they are.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    We're screwed... and we're taking the world with us.
    Hah...you little sheep.

Screwed? We have backups on top of backups to prevent complete collapse. Sure, life might not be particularly amazing in the near future, but I don't think this is bigger than the honest/intelligent people of Wall Street+the Fed+the treasury+Washington all working round the clock to make sure this doesn't spell complete disaster.

GS still posted a profit, as did Morgan Stanley.

Is everything peachy? No. But all of the people that are in a panic are putting a lot of securities on sale.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Edit: The Dow recovered 140 points today. I was hoping the market decline would continue. Oh well, there's always tomorrow!
    Bernanke was brilliant. Such an elegant solution given whats happened over the past 10 days.

Bernanke appointment is just about the only thing the Bush administration did right for the economy. Rich people don't give jobs with tax cuts. they buy condos in the riviera.

hedged my positions before the announcement. made a pretty good profit on the announcement

tomorrow, the aig bailout completion has not been priced in yet. dow futures show moderate uptick

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    If Obama wins the election, he'll be lauded as the savior of the economy (if this happens). It's nothing more than dumb luck, just like what happened with Clinton.
    Not sure about "dumb luck". In general "trickle up" economics seems more valid than "trickle down". Also clinton did a shietload for improving business infrastructure by encouraging business investment and technology infrastructure spending. He is intellectually on a whole nother level than Bush ever was.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    Not sure about "dumb luck". In general "trickle up" economics seems more valid than "trickle down". Also clinton did a shietload for improving business infrastructure by encouraging business investment and technology infrastructure spending. He is intellectually on a whole nother level than Bush ever was.
    His policies had no bearing on the insane productivity gains made by American workers in the 1990s, though. That was the #1 reason our economy grew. Bill Gates >>>>>> Bill Clinton when it comes to affecting economic growth in the '90s.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    His policies had no bearing on the insane productivity gains made by American workers in the 1990s, though. That was the #1 reason our economy grew. Bill Gates >>>>>> Bill Clinton when it comes to affecting economic growth in the '90s.
    And lest we forget that the late 90s boom was fueled primarily by speculation leading to heavy investment and spending. Speculation which fell flat circa 2000.