User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    No, not fixed. McCain may not understand much about the economy, but at least he isn't paying lip service to anti-free trade dopes.
    Why not pick something that most people actually care about? Obama's tax plan will help about 80% of Americans more than McCain's tax plan. Yet McCain says over and over that Obama will raise everyone's taxes. That is a flat lie and it gets repeated over and over in ads.

Trade policy is something that is hardly ever mentioned. Perhaps if you are thinking McCain lies less you aren't counting the same lie repeated over and over and over?
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    xNTJ

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Why not pick something that most people actually care about? Obama's tax plan will help about 80% of Americans more than McCain's tax plan. Yet McCain says over and over that Obama will raise everyone's taxes. That is a flat lie and it gets repeated over and over in ads.

Trade policy is something that is hardly ever mentioned. Perhaps if you are thinking McCain lies less you aren't counting the same lie repeated over and over and over?
    I'm inclined to agree with McCain. Obama wants to put a pretty expensive social program into play: universal health care. I have a hard time seeing that actually come to fruition without raising taxes.
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    I'm inclined to agree with McCain. Obama wants to put a pretty expensive social program into play: universal health care. I have a hard time seeing that actually come to fruition without raising taxes.
    McCain basically wants to do the same thing. He's going to give families a $5000 tax credit.

An independent tax analyst firm looked at Obama's and McCain's overall economic plans and they discovered that both are unrealistic. The only difference is McCain's plan costs even more than Obama's.

It's misleading to say that Obama is the only one lying on economic issues. In truth both plans are unrealistic, but overall McCain has a lot more to defend.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)

MBTI
    xNTJ

McCain basically wants to do the same thing. He's going to give families a $5000 tax credit.

An independent tax analyst firm looked at Obama's and McCain's overall economic plans and they discovered that both are unrealistic. The only difference is McCain's plan costs even more than Obama's.

It's misleading to say that Obama is the only one lying on economic issues. In truth both plans are unrealistic, but overall McCain has a lot more to defend.
    I'd like to point out that I didn't say I believed McCain's belief that *he* won't raise taxes. I'm thinking that, in the end, Obama's health care will cost more than McCain's plan. Not to say that other plans that McCain has aren't going to cost a whole lot of money, too.
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

MBTI
    ESFJ

If you believe that Obama's tax plan will 1) help 80% of Americans; and 2) won't harm the wider economy by increasing taxes on the wealthy; then I have a wonderful bridge to sell you.

Trade policy is really, really important.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    If you believe that Obama's tax plan will 1) help 80% of Americans; and 2) won't harm the wider economy by increasing taxes on the wealthy; then I have a wonderful bridge to sell you.
    Sell away my friend. I think supply side economics is mostly crap. On top of that McCain's tax plan doesn't even make a lot of sense looking at it from a supply side perspective. If he really wanted to stimulate business, he'd lower the corporate tax rate. As it is he is simply giving a lot of money to really rich people.

(Also I notice that you and Lateralus are split about government's effect on the economy. You think Obama will hurt it, while he thinks that government has hardly any effect at all.)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

(Also I notice that you and Lateralus are split about government's effect on the economy. You think Obama will hurt it, while he thinks that government has hardly any effect at all.)
    Huh?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Whether he knows economics or not, the president does not have the power to 'cure' the economy. The Fed chairman (Bernanke) has more influence over the economy than the president.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

And?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTP

And what? You asked a question, so I clarified.